Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Default Electric wood splitters

I've been considering purchasing an electric wood splitter such as this
on from Costco.

McCulloch® 4-Ton Electric Log Splitter
Splits Logs Up To 12" In Diameter
Heavy Duty Steel Construction

2.0 HP max peak power motor
All-steel construction
Designed for easy one-person transport
Some assembly required
Safe two-handed operation
Input: 120 V, 60 Hz, 15 A
Maximum peak HP: 2.0
Maximum splitting force: 4 tons
Log capacity: 20.5 in. Length 2 in. to 10 in. Diameter
Hydraulic pressu 16 Mpa
Hydraulic oil capacity: 3.5 L

Anyone here have personal experience with this model or a similar device?

Intended use is for tree limbs 8-10" in diameter

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 6, 4:58*pm, Jim wrote:
I've been considering purchasing an electric wood splitter such as this
on from Costco. *

McCulloch® 4-Ton Electric Log Splitter
Splits Logs Up To 12" In Diameter
Heavy Duty Steel Construction

* * * 2.0 HP max peak power motor
* * * All-steel construction
* * * Designed for easy one-person transport
* * * Some assembly required
* * * Safe two-handed operation
* * * Input: 120 V, 60 Hz, 15 A
* * * Maximum peak HP: 2.0
* * * Maximum splitting force: 4 tons
* * * Log capacity: 20.5 in. Length 2 in. to 10 in. Diameter
* * * Hydraulic pressu 16 Mpa
* * * Hydraulic oil capacity: 3.5 L

Anyone here have personal experience with this model or a similar device?

Intended use is for tree limbs 8-10" in diameter

Thanks

Yes. I got a similar elec. log splitter from Home Depot (it's in our
weekend house and I can't remember the brand). When a big maple tree
had to come down, I asked the lumberguys to cut the trunk and big
limbs into 16" lengths. So they fit within the max. length the
splitter is built for (20") and the hydraulic ram gently and
inexorably pushes the log up against the wedge that splits it. Of
course one must place the log with the grain. I can turn the log and
resplit it until I have nice burnable woodstove size firewood. The
splitter is designed to need both the operator's hands, each hand at a
separate place, so one can't accidentally put one's hand in a
dangerous place. It's fast, quiet and easy to move (wheels on one
end). Even I, a wimpy septagenarian female, can use it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim" wrote in message
I've been considering purchasing an electric wood splitter such as this
on from Costco.

McCulloch® 4-Ton Electric Log Splitter
Splits Logs Up To 12" In Diameter
Heavy Duty Steel Construction

2.0 HP max peak power motor
All-steel construction
Designed for easy one-person transport
Some assembly required
Safe two-handed operation
Input: 120 V, 60 Hz, 15 A
Maximum peak HP: 2.0
Maximum splitting force: 4 tons
Log capacity: 20.5 in. Length 2 in. to 10 in. Diameter
Hydraulic pressu 16 Mpa
Hydraulic oil capacity: 3.5 L

Anyone here have personal experience with this model or a similar device?

Intended use is for tree limbs 8-10" in diameter

Thanks

I thought of a smaller one, too. But then bought a 26 ton hydraulic. It
works pretty good on the 8" logs. Come to think of it, on the 18" also. I
guess it just depends on your wood. A smaller one would do fine on small
wood or softer woods.

Steve

VGA Splitters Ron(UK) Electronics Repair 6 January 4th 08 11:21 PM
Electric Log Splitters Hep Home Ownership 0 February 24th 07 04:32 PM
Aerial Splitters Kev UK diy 0 July 11th 06 11:05 AM
Log splitters Syke UK diy 21 February 21st 06 02:22 AM
3-Way Splitters [email protected] UK diy 4 December 16th 05 12:59 PM