Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Who's in love with their string trimmer?

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
How do you know it's safe?

Silly, you just have to believe in yourself and constantly spout that
all precautions are nonsense...
Posted to alt.home.repair

"S. Barker" wrote in message
Sounds like you just need to hire the weedeating and mowing out. You
can't handle life.

best stay inside and watch tv.

Some people are really sensitive to odors, almost like a blood hound. I know
a lady who know if a smoker was at one time in the room, two years ago!

"BobR" wrote in message

I didn't have to carry the mower around while using it but not the
case for the trimmer and blower. Both the blower and trimmer were
impossible to use without having the fumes get into your clothes and
you. The fuel oil mixture smell like crap and required wearing a
filtered mask. Screw that. I won't have another gas powered mower,
blower, trimmer or other yard tool.

Now I could start in on the environmental improvement of using the
electric but hell, I am no environmental nut.

Posted to alt.home.repair

If your gas powered lawnmower smells bad, it's because it's BROKEN. Fix
it.

Due to air quality control, there are days our city ask us not to use any
gas operated yard equipment. Some people do smell it and get really sick.

Posted to alt.home.repair

You used the number 4 in your sentence. Does knowledge have an expiration
date? In other words, if something is discovered today, and all scientists
agree it's a valid discovery, does the discovery become invalid after a
certain period of time, like the way milk goes bad?

Please define that period of time.

You said "4".

And by the way, the studies are correct. Who would need to publish the exact
same data in order for you to believe it? Name one organization, agency or
news source you would believe.

"S. Barker" wrote in message
thanks, now what does a 4 year old propaganda sheet from a left wing tree
hugger group have to do with it?

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
news
Enjoy:

http://www.pesticide.org/glyphosate.pdf

Posted to alt.home.repair

"George" wrote in message
. ..
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
How do you know it's safe?

Silly, you just have to believe in yourself and constantly spout that all
precautions are nonsense...

Heh. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

" Frank" wrote in message
. ..

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
Got a trimmer you've been really happy with? I'm leaning toward
rechargable because I don't have outside electrical outlets and I don't
feel like installing any. I have probably 300 feet of trimming to do, but
it wouldn't matter if it didn't all get done in one session. Not
interested in a gas trimmer.

Talk to me.

On rechargeable, short run time, under power and the battery power pack
will last only last couple of years.

OK fine. I'm getting gas, and I'm not referring to the results of last
night's dinner.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Of course, but that knowledge was discovered to be nonsense. Let's stay
focused on the real subject at hand. What would need to happen in order for
you to believe research about the harmful effects of a product like Roundup?

You're a scientific guy. I'm sure you can answer the question.

"S. Barker" wrote in message
thanks, now what does a 4 year old propaganda sheet from a left wing
tree hugger group have to do with it?

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
news Enjoy:

http://www.pesticide.org/glyphosate.pdf

Posted to alt.home.repair

Be sure to ask. I don't know about other brands, but, the stihl 4 stroke
uses mixed gas. So even though it's the best string trimmer money can buy,
you'd not get away from having the mix. I can't really imagine any small
string trimmer having an oil filled crankcase. It'd be hard to lube
properly in an all position engine.

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

Yeah...I'll look into that. I have no interest in mixing gas & oil. More
funnels, more paraphernalia. It would be nice to use just one gas can for
the mower, outboard motor & trimmer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"S. Barker" wrote:

yes it is actually. i even use it between the rows of stuff in our garden
beats running the tiller through there 20 times a season.

Yes, but you have to license Monsanto's GM Roundup proof crop seeds each
year...

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

" Frank" wrote in message
. ..

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
news
" Frank" wrote in message
m...

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
Got a trimmer you've been really happy with? I'm leaning toward
rechargable because I don't have outside electrical outlets and I don't
feel like installing any. I have probably 300 feet of trimming to do,
but it wouldn't matter if it didn't all get done in one session. Not
interested in a gas trimmer.

Talk to me.

On rechargeable, short run time, under power and the battery power pack
will last only last couple of years.

OK fine. I'm getting gas, and I'm not referring to the results of last
night's dinner.

Look into the 4 cycle gas jobs. I have a 2 cycle Husqvarna and it was
impossible to have the engine fixed under warrantee. They say I put in raw
gas or oil/gas mix ratio too lean or gas over 30 days old. Yes, 31 day old
gas even with fuel stabilizer will void the warranty - just too many
options for them not to do the repair.

I had a corded one years ago and it was under power, maybe different now
with the new models.

Yeah...I'll look into that. I have no interest in mixing gas & oil. More
funnels, more paraphernalia. It would be nice to use just one gas can for
the mower, outboard motor & trimmer.

Actually, it sucks trying to fill a trimmer (or chain saw) tank from a 5
gal gas can. As for funnels and mixing, that's ancient history, these
days you either get individual oil bottles to match the 1 gal gas can
you use, or the squeeze-measure type bulk bottles like those for the
stabil. I use just a single quality 40:1 mix for all my disparate brands
of 2 cycle stuff, always use Stabil in every batch and never worry about
the age of the fuel batch (~4-6 months is typical). None of my 2 cycle
stuff has had any complaints from this over the past 10 years or so.

String Trimmer line Roy Metalworking 5 May 25th 06 02:16 AM
String Trimmer - String Replacement Device nr Home Repair 1 November 30th 05 01:45 PM
Rewinding started string spring on Ryobi string trimmer any tips? BoborAnn Home Repair 0 June 6th 05 03:52 AM
string trimmer repair Jim Talley Home Repair 1 May 21st 05 10:34 PM
string trimmer wheels Glenn Pavlovic Home Ownership 1 June 27th 04 08:56 AM