Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why only an overflow in the bathroom

A friend of mine got some fancy undermount sink for his throne room
sink and said it had no overflow drain. I told him not to worry about
and not to install the pop-up stopper if he was concerned.

Then I got to thinking...
No overflow drain in slop sinks...
No overflow drain in kitchen sinks...
Seems that only in bathroom sinks is an overflow drain standard

Anyone know why?

Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:

On May 2, 9:18 am, Limp Arbor wrote:

A friend of mine got some fancy undermount sink for his throne room
sink and said it had no overflow drain. I told him not to worry about
and not to install the pop-up stopper if he was concerned.

Then I got to thinking...
No overflow drain in slop sinks...
No overflow drain in kitchen sinks...
Seems that only in bathroom sinks is an overflow drain standard

Anyone know why?

cheaper to make

http://tinyurl.com/6d7neh

lengthy discussion
Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:
On May 2, 9:18 am, Limp Arbor wrote:
A friend of mine got some fancy undermount sink for his throne room
sink and said it had no overflow drain. I told him not to worry about
and not to install the pop-up stopper if he was concerned.

Then I got to thinking...
No overflow drain in slop sinks...
No overflow drain in kitchen sinks...
Seems that only in bathroom sinks is an overflow drain standard

Anyone know why?

cheaper to make

And six year old kids use bathroom sinks (as well as teenagers)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 2, 11:15�am, LouB wrote:
ransley wrote:
On May 2, 9:18 am, Limp Arbor wrote:
A friend of mine got some fancy undermount sink for his throne room
sink and said it had no overflow drain. �I told him not to worry about
and not to install the pop-up stopper if he was concerned.

Then I got to thinking...
No overflow drain in slop sinks...
No overflow drain in kitchen sinks...
Seems that only in bathroom sinks is an overflow drain standard

Anyone know why?

cheaper to make

And six year old kids use bathroom sinks (as well as teenagers)

probably goes back to when bathrooms were nearly all on upper floors

Posted to alt.home.repair

Then I got to thinking...
No overflow drain in slop sinks...
No overflow drain in kitchen sinks...

They do make them. My Blanco kitchen sink has an overflow. Bathtubs have them
also.

--
Dennis

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 2, 5:35�pm, (DT) wrote:
Then I got to thinking...
No overflow drain in slop sinks...
No overflow drain in kitchen sinks...

They do make them. My Blanco kitchen sink has an overflow. Bathtubs have them
also.

--
Dennis

bathtub over fill preventers are part of the tub drain valve lever
assembly. although they arent adquate to carry a full flow over time
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 2 May 2008 07:18:20 -0700 (PDT), Limp Arbor
wrote:

Seems that only in bathroom sinks is an overflow drain standard

I installed a vessel sink on top of the vanity. No overflow for the
vessel or the tail pipe drain piece.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 2, 10:18*am, Limp Arbor wrote:
A friend of mine got some fancy undermount sink for his throne room
sink and said it had no overflow drain. *I told him not to worry about
and not to install the pop-up stopper if he was concerned.

Then I got to thinking...
No overflow drain in slop sinks...
No overflow drain in kitchen sinks...
Seems that only inbathroomsinks is an overflow drain standard

Anyone know why?

I had a simular situation of confusion concerning sinks and drains
when I bought a vanity, vessel sink, faucet & drain, the whole set
basically and I figured it would be simple to put it all together and
to my surprise it was pretty confusing haha Spend about an hour
banging the drain up against my head. :-) But luckily the place i
bought it all from (moderndanish.com) had helpful videos and phone
support to walk me through it. I think as long as the place you're
buying it from has really good support than that really helps!!!

Just one of my random thoughts :-)

Overflow Tube [email protected] Home Repair 4 May 5th 07 07:01 PM
Dripping Overflow [email protected] UK diy 3 March 26th 07 01:58 PM
overflow pipe VisionSet UK diy 2 June 29th 06 11:49 PM
New cistern, no overflow? Ben Blaukopf UK diy 4 February 6th 04 09:20 PM
Bathroom Sink Has Mold or Mildew In Overflow Drain Hole Steven D. Litvintchouk Home Repair 1 November 7th 03 08:21 PM