DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Unusual application - skateboarding - looking for a material -ideas?. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/248058-unusual-application-skateboarding-looking-material-ideas.html)

[email protected] April 30th 08 02:32 AM

Unusual application - skateboarding - looking for a material -ideas?.

My son and his friends have constructed this uge half pipe in my
backyard for their skateboarding/video activities.

They are now looking for something as a finishing sheet. Masonite pops
to mind - it is not too slippery, cheap, and flexible, but is not
particularly water resistant.

Apparently there are several other options - SkateLite, but is about
$100 a sheet and hard to find, and Melonite,but again expensive. The
kids are funding this themselves, so price is of the essence....

I was thinking maybe some type of linoleum flooring could be glued on
- cheap, water resistant, but not sure he could find a surface that is
not too lsippery for them for their boarding activities.

Ideas? Thanks.