Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Booster pump station - National Electrical Code 2008

i am going to give a brief 15-20 minutes presentation on the following topic.
Electrical is not my background but I decide to take the challenge:

1. Assume that you are lecturing in a 16-week class and the students have
received instruction on the interpretation of the Booster Pump Station
Drawings (provided).

2. Please give a lecture that explains the proper National Electric Code
usage for conductor size and type selection for each of the two (2) pump
motors shown on the drawing.

3. Contrast your selection to that of any shown on the drawing.

my question is where on the National Electrical Code 2008, I would find the
conductor size and type selection information?

I can send the pdf so one can take a look at it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

vitex2008 wrote:
i am going to give a brief 15-20 minutes presentation on the following topic.
Electrical is not my background but I decide to take the challenge:

1. Assume that you are lecturing in a 16-week class and the students have
received instruction on the interpretation of the Booster Pump Station
Drawings (provided).

2. Please give a lecture that explains the proper National Electric Code
usage for conductor size and type selection for each of the two (2) pump
motors shown on the drawing.

3. Contrast your selection to that of any shown on the drawing.

my question is where on the National Electrical Code 2008, I would find the
conductor size and type selection information?

I can send the pdf so one can take a look at it.

The appropriate article is 430. This is one of the most difficult to
understand articles in the code. Wire size is only one of several
important considerations for motor circuits.I suggest you find someone
knowledgeable you can talk to.

--
bud--