DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   where to buy DC motor brushings for Black & Decker CMM1000 lawn mower? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/247746-where-buy-dc-motor-brushings-black-decker-cmm1000-lawn-mower.html)

A. H. G. April 28th 08 03:54 AM

where to buy DC motor brushings for Black & Decker CMM1000 lawn mower?

I have a Black & Decker CMM1000 5HP 24V cordless lawn mower for years.
I am seeking the DC electric motor brushings to replace the pair on the
motor. This brushing is spring-loaded, and can be remove by unscrewing the
plastic holder. The brush width is half inch. Can you tell me is the
brushing material copper? See photo he

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w...otorbrushi.jpg

I look everywhere at all the typical hardware stores in Silicon Valley, and
they do not have this.

Where should I look for it?

[email protected] April 28th 08 06:04 AM

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w...n=view&current...

I look everywhere at all the typical hardware stores in Silicon Valley, and
they do not have this.

Where should I look for it?

Hi, one of these 2 sites
http://www.abtecparts.com/black_&_de...awn_mowers.htm
or
http://www.toolpartsdirect.com

They both carry a large range of parts, including the brushes.

Good luck treverly

A. H. G. April 28th 08 08:22 PM

wrote in message
On Apr 27, 9:54 pm, "A. H. G." wrote:
I have a Black & Decker CMM1000 5HP 24V cordless lawn mower for years.
I am seeking the DC electric motor brushings to replace the pair on the
motor. This brushing is spring-loaded, and can be remove by unscrewing
the
plastic holder. The brush width is half inch. Can you tell me is the
brushing material copper? See photo he

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w...n=view&current...

I look everywhere at all the typical hardware stores in Silicon Valley,
and
they do not have this.

Where should I look for it?

Hi, one of these 2 sites
http://www.abtecparts.com/black_&_de...awn_mowers.htm
or
http://www.toolpartsdirect.com

They both carry a large range of parts, including the brushes.

Good luck treverly

Thank you very much, treverly

David Nebenzahl April 28th 08 09:02 PM

where to buy DC motor brushings for Black & Decker CMM1000 lawnmower?

On 4/27/2008 6:54 PM A. H. G. spake thus:

Can you tell me is the brushing material copper?

Since you asked, no; brushes are made of carbon.

conversation with the average voter.

- Attributed to Winston Churchill

Andy[_10_] April 29th 08 06:55 PM

where to buy DC motor brushings for Black & Decker CMM1000 lawn mower?

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...
On 4/27/2008 6:54 PM A. H. G. spake thus:

Can you tell me is the brushing material copper?

Since you asked, no; brushes are made of carbon.

But looking at the brushing material, it seems metallic and like copper. How
is carbon material conductive?

[email protected] April 29th 08 07:48 PM

On Apr 29, 11:55 am, "Andy" wrote:
"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message

s.com...

On 4/27/2008 6:54 PM A. H. G. spake thus:

Can you tell me is the brushing material copper?

Since you asked, no; brushes are made of carbon.

But looking at the brushing material, it seems metallic and like copper. How
is carbon material conductive?

Carbon brush are conductive but have some resistance. Carbon is soft
and wears instead of the copper commutator. They have a copper coating
to conduct better in their brass (usually) holders.