DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Varnish Collected and hardened on Ledges of Door Panel (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/247633-varnish-collected-hardened-ledges-door-panel.html)

Yee Hah April 27th 08 06:55 AM

Varnish Collected and hardened on Ledges of Door Panel

Hi,
In years past I had weather proofed an exterior door with varnish. This
door has panels. I may have put the coat on too thick because the excess
varnish collected and hardened on the ledges of the panels.

What's the best way to remove this hardened varnish?

Thanks!

dadiOH[_3_] April 27th 08 01:16 PM

Yee Hah wrote:
Hi,
In years past I had weather proofed an exterior door with varnish.
This door has panels. I may have put the coat on too thick because
the excess varnish collected and hardened on the ledges of the panels.

What's the best way to remove this hardened varnish?

Thanks!

Scrape and/or sand and/or paint remover.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...