Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bird's nest in rain gutter

fortunately it's at the high end, the opposite side of the house from
the drain... Anybody have a suggestion about how to get them to move,
without hurting them? Alternatively, at what point in the summer I
could dump the nest because the babies have already flown?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Shaun Eli" wrote

fortunately it's at the high end, the opposite side of the house from
the drain... Anybody have a suggestion about how to get them to move,
without hurting them? Alternatively, at what point in the summer I
could dump the nest because the babies have already flown?

Most birds will abandon the nest if you touch it, sorry to say.

About August for most birds?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 11:15:39 -0700 (PDT), Shaun Eli
wrote:

fortunately it's at the high end, the opposite side of the house from
the drain... Anybody have a suggestion about how to get them to move,
without hurting them? Alternatively, at what point in the summer I
could dump the nest because the babies have already flown?

Watch the nest twice a week for a minute. You'll know when they are
done. I'd expect it should take less than 2 months, depending on the
bird/conditions. Have patience, clean out your gutters, and consider
installing gutter guards.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 26, 1:15*pm, Shaun Eli wrote:
fortunately it's at the high end, the opposite side of the house from
the drain... Anybody have a suggestion about how to get them to move,
without hurting them? *Alternatively, at what point in the summer I
could dump the nest because the babies have already flown?

One big rain should do it, darwins law.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 26, 10:16*pm, Red Green wrote:
Shaun Eli wrote in news:1059b057-1dc2-
:

fortunately it's at the high end, the opposite side of the house from
the drain... Anybody have a suggestion about how to get them to move,
without hurting them? *Alternatively, at what point in the summer I
could dump the nest because the babies have already flown?
fortunately it's at the high end

Let's see:

-My cats know what time it is +/- a minute or less.
-Monarchs go thousands of miles to Mexico, at the right time,
*without needing directions - something the human male has
*yet to master.
-A herd of a dozen whales, each with a task, will "bubble net"
*schools of fish to feed.

And you think they put it at that end by chance?

I think they put it at that end because that's likely the only place
they could get under the gutter guard, which apparently has a gap in
it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Shaun Eli wrote in
:

:

fortunately it's at the high end, the opposite side of the house
from the drain... Anybody have a suggestion about how to get them
to move, without hurting them? *Alternatively, at what point in the
summer I could dump the nest because the babies have already flown?
fortunately it's at the high end

Let's see:

-My cats know what time it is +/- a minute or less.
-Monarchs go thousands of miles to Mexico, at the right time,
*without needing directions - something the human male has
*yet to master.
-A herd of a dozen whales, each with a task, will "bubble net"
*schools of fish to feed.

And you think they put it at that end by chance?

I think they put it at that end because that's likely the only place
they could get under the gutter guard, which apparently has a gap in
it.

If it wasn't open at that end maybe they would have set up shop
someplace else :-)

They are not like some people in California. "Oh well, there's noplace
left to build safely here so let's build over there right at the edge of
the cliff.

Rain Gutter for Gazebo? [email protected] Woodworking 4 October 31st 06 02:48 AM
Rain Gutter for Gazebo? [email protected] Home Repair 4 October 31st 06 02:48 AM
Nest in gutter Jim Home Repair 1 June 7th 06 10:52 PM
Rain gutter drainage - how? Zootal Home Repair 6 April 19th 06 06:16 PM
Rain Gutter Questions ? Robert11 Home Repair 2 May 31st 05 10:51 PM