Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replace toilet base

I am replacing toilet in 35 year old bathroom.
When I took the toilet off I removed the wax ring. The wax ring sat
on a black base part that sits on the floor and goes into the
drainage. It broke and I need a new one. It seems to have two parts
with the upper part that sits on the floor and the lower part that is
like a short tub going into the drainage area. Is this a univeral
part and do I need to put any special silicone on the new one when I
put it in?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks,

For the closet flange it looks similiar to what I have with the tube
part that goes into the drainage at 4 inches wide and the whole part
is 3.5 inches height.
Do I need any silicone when I put it in? And if I need the tube part
that connects to drainage what kind of silicone do I use?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I am replacing toilet in 35 year old bathroom.
When I took the toilet off I removed the wax ring. The wax ring sat
on a black base part that sits on the floor and goes into the
drainage. It broke and I need a new one. It seems to have two parts
with the upper part that sits on the floor and the lower part that is
like a short tub going into the drainage area. Is this a univeral
part and do I need to put any special silicone on the new one when I
put it in?

35 years old I would say its cast iron

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 26, 10:55�am, " wrote:
I am replacing toilet in 35 year old bathroom.
When I took the toilet off �I removed the wax ring. �The wax ring sat
on a black base part that sits on the floor and goes into the
drainage. �It broke and I need a new one. �It seems to have two parts
with the upper part that sits on the floor and the lower part that is
like a short tub going into the drainage area. � Is this a univeral
part and do I need to put any special silicone on the new one when I
put it in?

sounds like the flange is broke, i have had that happen..........

cast iron normally has leaded in connection not DIY friendly.........

it cant be gooed together and ust be replaced

What's this toilet base thingy? Ken Home Repair 15 August 21st 19 03:44 AM
Toilet leaks at base. [email protected] Home Repair 10 February 7th 08 04:48 PM
Rusted Standoff Post Base On Deck; Replace??? [email protected] Home Repair 4 September 5th 06 05:01 AM
Replace Old Toilet Mo Thanku UK diy 3 October 4th 04 09:45 PM
caulking around toilet base - yea or ney dando Home Repair 17 September 8th 03 11:48 PM