DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sheet goods carrier (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/247456-sheet-goods-carrier.html)

Buddy Matlosz April 26th 08 01:29 AM

Sheet goods carrier

http://www.gorillagripper.com/videos/index.html

I don't recall seeing this posted before. Seems pretty efficient, but kinda
pricey at $50. I prefer the commercial video - you'll see why. No
affiliation, etc.

Buddy

Jim Yanik April 26th 08 02:13 AM

Sheet goods carrier

"Buddy Matlosz" wrote in
:

http://www.gorillagripper.com/videos/index.html

I don't recall seeing this posted before. Seems pretty efficient, but
kinda pricey at $50. I prefer the commercial video - you'll see why.
No affiliation, etc.

Buddy

Wood Magazine reviewed this and a couple of other,less expensive types
several months ago.

you could make one out of birch plywood and some rubber inner tube.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

tdup2 April 26th 08 02:15 AM

Sheet goods carrier

Have a friend in our wood club that has one and doesn't like it. I thought
it would work nice but after his comments decided against it. He is a wood
shop teacher.

Tim

Swingman April 26th 08 03:14 AM

Sheet goods carrier

"tdup2" wrote in message
Have a friend in our wood club that has one and doesn't like it. I thought
it would work nice but after his comments decided against it. He is a wood
shop teacher.

I too thought the design sucked ... off the cuff, I would much rather lift,
with my arm over the sheet and using the muscles in my shoulder and entire
arm to carry the load, instead of what appears to be a load on the wrist.

Then again, I saw it at the last woodworking show, but did not try it ... I
could well be missing something.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08

Jim Yanik April 26th 08 03:50 AM

Sheet goods carrier

Jim Yanik wrote in
:

"Buddy Matlosz" wrote in
:

http://www.gorillagripper.com/videos/index.html

I don't recall seeing this posted before. Seems pretty efficient, but
kinda pricey at $50. I prefer the commercial video - you'll see why.
No affiliation, etc.

Buddy

Wood Magazine reviewed this and a couple of other,less expensive types
several months ago.

the issue is #177,July 2007,page 26

Stanley panel carry;$6 stanleytools.com
The Pocket Troll;$20 telproduct.com
The Troll;$30 telproduct.com.

you could make one out of birch plywood and some rubber inner tube.

and you could make the handle so your arm is not over your shoulder,too.

a cam-type handle that grips the panel against a opposite-side fixed piece.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

B A R R Y April 26th 08 12:45 PM

Sheet goods carrier

On 26 Apr 2008 01:13:19 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

"Buddy Matlosz" wrote in
:

http://www.gorillagripper.com/videos/index.html

I don't recall seeing this posted before. Seems pretty efficient, but
kinda pricey at $50. I prefer the commercial video - you'll see why.
No affiliation, etc.

Buddy

Wood Magazine reviewed this and a couple of other,less expensive types
several months ago.

you could make one out of birch plywood and some rubber inner tube.

The plastic version I use that hooks under the sheet was $3. G

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **

John Grossbohlin[_2_] April 26th 08 08:49 PM

Sheet goods carrier

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
Jim Yanik wrote in
:

Stanley panel carry;$6 stanleytools.com
The Pocket Troll;$20 telproduct.com
The Troll;$30 telproduct.com.

I've got The Troll and it works just fine... especially nice to be able to
roll large heavy panels on edge through tight spaces.

John

[email protected] April 26th 08 08:58 PM

Sheet goods carrier

On Apr 25, 5:29*pm, "Buddy Matlosz" wrote:
http://www.gorillagripper.com/videos/index.html

Tried this at a ww show a couple years ago and it worked well.

I think the commercial, you know, with the young woman, has her
lifting 1/2, but who cares!

I have one of those plastic thingies that lifts from the bottom and it
is always tough to maneuver. I'd buy one but I think I will pass
due to the price.

MJ

boden April 26th 08 10:21 PM

Sheet goods carrier

Buddy Matlosz wrote:
http://www.gorillagripper.com/videos/index.html

I don't recall seeing this posted before. Seems pretty efficient, but
kinda pricey at $50. I prefer the commercial video - you'll see why. No
affiliation, etc.

Buddy

If I got one of these my wife would feel that she wasn't needed anymore.

Boden