Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bullnose Laminate

I am putting in a new kitchen island countertop (read: no backsplash).
I would like a bullnose on the front and back sides of the top. I
would either flush-laminate the sides or put on hardwood ends. How
difficult is it to press the laminate into a bullnose form? I do not
have the laminate yet, and this is my first laminate project, so I do
not instinctively know how flexible the laminate it.

Can one do it at home, or is this a high pressure/temperature
operation?

TIA
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I am putting in a new kitchen island countertop (read: no backsplash).
I would like a bullnose on the front and back sides of the top. I
would either flush-laminate the sides or put on hardwood ends. How
difficult is it to press the laminate into a bullnose form? I do not
have the laminate yet, and this is my first laminate project, so I do
not instinctively know how flexible the laminate it.

Can one do it at home, or is this a high pressure/temperature
operation?

You might have better luck going to a countertop manufacturing plant. You
might pay more but the extra cost could very well be worth it.

--
Ron P

If we are what we eat then: I'm fast,
cheap and easy