Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anyone with experience w/high-end cooktops?

Got a client who has a high-end gas range (Viking) that has one weak
burner. I looked at it, hoping I'd be able to remove and clean the
offending piece, but I can't even figure out how to get inside of this
beast.

The burners are below the top plate; all that's above the plate is a
threaded ring with spanner slots and the cast-iron burner top with the
holes in it (well, plus the electronic igniter). There are no visible
screws or other fasteners holding the top plate down, except for on the
right side where the controls are. The whole thing is incredibly
shallow; there are drawers directly below the cooktop.

Any help getting inside of this unit would be appreciated. I'm assuming
the problem is most likely a clogged jet or something simple. I'm trying
to save the client a potentially expensive service call from an
appliance place, though it may come to that ultimately.

conversation with the average voter.

- Attributed to Winston Churchill