Posted to alt.home.repair
JOH JOH is offline

Default seeking supplier for small quiet electric pump

This might be the wrong group, if so, please point me in the right
direction.

I need to find a supplier from whom I can purchase a small and very
quiet electric pump, one that will run at about 1/2 to 1 gallon per
minute. The fluid to be pumped is oil (sesame, coconut, olive) or
milk (buttermilk, coconut) or water.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 22, 9:13*pm, JOH wrote:
This might be the wrong group, if so, please point me in the right
direction.

I need to find a supplier from whom I can purchase a small and very
quiet electric pump, one that will run at about 1/2 to 1 gallon per
minute. *The fluid to be pumped is oil (sesame, coconut, olive) or
milk (buttermilk, coconut) or water.

I would check www.grainger.com or www.mcmastercarr.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

JOH wrote:

This might be the wrong group, if so, please point me in the right
direction.

I need to find a supplier from whom I can purchase a small and very
quiet electric pump, one that will run at about 1/2 to 1 gallon per
minute. The fluid to be pumped is oil (sesame, coconut, olive) or
milk (buttermilk, coconut) or water.

If D/C is OK, what about an electric galley pump?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 23, 12:13 am, JOH wrote:
I need to find a supplier from whom I can purchase a small and very
quiet electric pump, one that will run at about 1/2 to 1 gallon per
minute. The fluid to be pumped is oil (sesame, coconut, olive) or
milk (buttermilk, coconut) or water.

An electric fuel pump for an old Volkwagen Bug would work nicely. $20-
$40 at an auto parts store. I've used them for a variety of
purposes. They'll pump water but I left one full of water for a
couple of months and it wouldn't work again. Probably not a good idea
for foods, though.

Posted to alt.home.repair
JOH JOH is offline

On Apr 23, 1:07 pm, The Reverend Natural Light
wrote:
On Apr 23, 12:13 am, JOH wrote:

I need to find a supplier from whom I can purchase a small and very
quiet electric pump, one that will run at about 1/2 to 1 gallon per
minute. The fluid to be pumped is oil (sesame, coconut, olive) or
milk (buttermilk, coconut) or water.

An electric fuel pump for an old Volkwagen Bug would work nicely. $20-
$40 at an auto parts store. I've used them for a variety of
purposes. They'll pump water but I left one full of water for a
couple of months and it wouldn't work again. Probably not a good idea
for foods, though.

What gets pumped won't be digested nor placed into the body in any
way.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Apr 23, 12:13 am, JOH wrote:

I need to find a supplier from whom I can purchase a small and very
quiet electric pump, one that will run at about 1/2 to 1 gallon per
minute. The fluid to be pumped is oil (sesame, coconut, olive) or
milk (buttermilk, coconut) or water.

An electric fuel pump for an old Volkwagen Bug would work nicely. $20-
$40 at an auto parts store. I've used them for a variety of
purposes. They'll pump water but I left one full of water for a
couple of months and it wouldn't work again. Probably not a good idea
for foods, though.

What gets pumped won't be digested nor placed into the body in any
way.

\

You might consider one of the many styles of condensate pumps
available. They will pump fluids with some solids and are
generally constructed of non-corrosive materials.

http://hartell.thomasnet.com/category/condensate-pumps?
for example.

Some of these sell for under $100 and will achieve the 1 GPM goal.

You can search a dazzling array of different types of pumps on eBay
for more resources.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 21:13:31 -0700 (PDT), JOH
wrote:

This might be the wrong group, if so, please point me in the right
direction.

I had a great source for fountain pumps that I use for Halloween
props. I no longer have the bookmark, though.

Something along these lines:
http://www.fountainpumpandsupply.com...in_riopump.htm
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default seeking SNIP

In article
,
JOH wrote:

This might be the wrong group, snip

We don't mind an OT post now and again. What we hate is google. So find
another way to access usenet. Then we'll be nice. Maybe.
Posted to alt.home.repair
JOH JOH is offline

On Apr 24, 12:42 am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,

JOH wrote:
This might be the wrong group, snip

We don't mind an OT post now and again. What we hate is google. So find
another way to access usenet. Then we'll be nice. Maybe.

Now, there's an interesting statement. You don't want me to use
google to access this group, but you don't bother recommending any
other method. Guess what I'll have to turn to, to find another method
for accessing this group? That's right .. google!

And honestly, I don't know what you're talking about. In the ten
years I've been posting to various groups, the last six or seven via
google, no one has ever complained. If I'm committing some etiquette
breach, let me know. Explain it. Make a recommendation.

Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair
JOH JOH is offline

wrote:

This might be the wrong group, if so, please point me in the right
direction.

I had a great source for fountain pumps that I use for Halloween
props. I no longer have the bookmark, though.

Something along these lines:http://www.fountainpumpandsupply.com...in_riopump.htm

Now we're talking! That's where I'll go first. Thanks, Mitch.