Home Repair (alt.home.repair) For all homeowners and DIYers with many experienced tradesmen. Solve your toughest home fix-it problems.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
JOH JOH is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5
Default seeking supplier for small quiet electric pump

This might be the wrong group, if so, please point me in the right
direction.

I need to find a supplier from whom I can purchase a small and very
quiet electric pump, one that will run at about 1/2 to 1 gallon per
minute. The fluid to be pumped is oil (sesame, coconut, olive) or
milk (buttermilk, coconut) or water.
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 23
Default seeking supplier for small quiet electric pump

On Apr 22, 9:13*pm, JOH wrote:
This might be the wrong group, if so, please point me in the right
direction.

I need to find a supplier from whom I can purchase a small and very
quiet electric pump, one that will run at about 1/2 to 1 gallon per
minute. *The fluid to be pumped is oil (sesame, coconut, olive) or
milk (buttermilk, coconut) or water.


I would check www.grainger.com or www.mcmastercarr.com
  #3   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 149
Default seeking supplier for small quiet electric pump

JOH wrote:

This might be the wrong group, if so, please point me in the right
direction.

I need to find a supplier from whom I can purchase a small and very
quiet electric pump, one that will run at about 1/2 to 1 gallon per
minute. The fluid to be pumped is oil (sesame, coconut, olive) or
milk (buttermilk, coconut) or water.


If D/C is OK, what about an electric galley pump?
  #4   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 233
Default seeking supplier for small quiet electric pump

On Apr 23, 12:13 am, JOH wrote:
I need to find a supplier from whom I can purchase a small and very
quiet electric pump, one that will run at about 1/2 to 1 gallon per
minute. The fluid to be pumped is oil (sesame, coconut, olive) or
milk (buttermilk, coconut) or water.


An electric fuel pump for an old Volkwagen Bug would work nicely. $20-
$40 at an auto parts store. I've used them for a variety of
purposes. They'll pump water but I left one full of water for a
couple of months and it wouldn't work again. Probably not a good idea
for foods, though.

  #5   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
JOH JOH is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5
Default seeking supplier for small quiet electric pump

On Apr 23, 1:07 pm, The Reverend Natural Light
wrote:
On Apr 23, 12:13 am, JOH wrote:

I need to find a supplier from whom I can purchase a small and very
quiet electric pump, one that will run at about 1/2 to 1 gallon per
minute. The fluid to be pumped is oil (sesame, coconut, olive) or
milk (buttermilk, coconut) or water.


An electric fuel pump for an old Volkwagen Bug would work nicely. $20-
$40 at an auto parts store. I've used them for a variety of
purposes. They'll pump water but I left one full of water for a
couple of months and it wouldn't work again. Probably not a good idea
for foods, though.


What gets pumped won't be digested nor placed into the body in any
way.


  #6   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 205
Default seeking supplier for small quiet electric pump

JOH wrote:
On Apr 23, 1:07 pm, The Reverend Natural Light
wrote:

On Apr 23, 12:13 am, JOH wrote:


I need to find a supplier from whom I can purchase a small and very
quiet electric pump, one that will run at about 1/2 to 1 gallon per
minute. The fluid to be pumped is oil (sesame, coconut, olive) or
milk (buttermilk, coconut) or water.


An electric fuel pump for an old Volkwagen Bug would work nicely. $20-
$40 at an auto parts store. I've used them for a variety of
purposes. They'll pump water but I left one full of water for a
couple of months and it wouldn't work again. Probably not a good idea
for foods, though.



What gets pumped won't be digested nor placed into the body in any
way.

\

You might consider one of the many styles of condensate pumps
available. They will pump fluids with some solids and are
generally constructed of non-corrosive materials.

http://hartell.thomasnet.com/category/condensate-pumps?
for example.

Some of these sell for under $100 and will achieve the 1 GPM goal.

You can search a dazzling array of different types of pumps on eBay
for more resources.

Jim
  #7   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 83
Default seeking supplier for small quiet electric pump

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 21:13:31 -0700 (PDT), JOH
wrote:

This might be the wrong group, if so, please point me in the right
direction.



I had a great source for fountain pumps that I use for Halloween
props. I no longer have the bookmark, though.

Something along these lines:
http://www.fountainpumpandsupply.com...in_riopump.htm
  #8   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5,040
Default seeking SNIP

In article
,
JOH wrote:

This might be the wrong group, snip


We don't mind an OT post now and again. What we hate is google. So find
another way to access usenet. Then we'll be nice. Maybe.
  #9   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
JOH JOH is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5
Default seeking SNIP

On Apr 24, 12:42 am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,

JOH wrote:
This might be the wrong group, snip


We don't mind an OT post now and again. What we hate is google. So find
another way to access usenet. Then we'll be nice. Maybe.


Now, there's an interesting statement. You don't want me to use
google to access this group, but you don't bother recommending any
other method. Guess what I'll have to turn to, to find another method
for accessing this group? That's right .. google!

And honestly, I don't know what you're talking about. In the ten
years I've been posting to various groups, the last six or seven via
google, no one has ever complained. If I'm committing some etiquette
breach, let me know. Explain it. Make a recommendation.

Thanks.
  #10   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
JOH JOH is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5
Default seeking supplier for small quiet electric pump

On Apr 23, 4:16 pm, wrote:
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 21:13:31 -0700 (PDT), JOH
wrote:

This might be the wrong group, if so, please point me in the right
direction.


I had a great source for fountain pumps that I use for Halloween
props. I no longer have the bookmark, though.

Something along these lines:http://www.fountainpumpandsupply.com...in_riopump.htm


Now we're talking! That's where I'll go first. Thanks, Mitch.
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quiet condensate pump for gas furnace [email protected] Home Repair 1 June 22nd 06 06:09 PM
Quiet pump for gravity hot water David Hearn UK diy 3 March 13th 06 07:27 PM
Best quiet power shower pump?!? davout UK diy 2 December 28th 05 11:17 AM
Seeking someone to help complete a small project. Lee Michaels Woodworking 17 October 3rd 05 06:22 PM
Seeking shop that can make some small brass parts. (USA) nob'dy Metalworking 3 August 25th 04 10:19 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"