DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   A thanks (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/246670-thanks.html)

cshenk April 22nd 08 04:42 PM

A thanks

Sorry I do not recall exactly who had ths same problem, but it came in handy
with my reading here. We had what we thought was a busted garbage disposal.
Since that same side also is where the dishwasher drains, we were about to
get a new one.

Silly us. The only reason is sounded funny and wasnt draining, was the pipe
on the other side was clogged. Someone with a double sink like ours had the
same problem and was also just like us, thinking if the one sink drained, it
had to be the disposal. Someone here called him a nitwit (gently) and
pointed out the easy thing to check first if PVC pipe is the other side of
the disposal. Yup.

Grin, I'm sure I'm not the only one here who's been about to do something
dumb then remembered a post and found a simpler answer!

Bob F April 24th 08 04:51 PM

A thanks

"cshenk" wrote in message
Sorry I do not recall exactly who had ths same problem, but it came in handy
with my reading here. We had what we thought was a busted garbage disposal.
Since that same side also is where the dishwasher drains, we were about to get
a new one.

Silly us. The only reason is sounded funny and wasnt draining, was the pipe
on the other side was clogged. Someone with a double sink like ours had the
same problem and was also just like us, thinking if the one sink drained, it
had to be the disposal. Someone here called him a nitwit (gently) and pointed
out the easy thing to check first if PVC pipe is the other side of the
disposal. Yup.

Grin, I'm sure I'm not the only one here who's been about to do something dumb
then remembered a post and found a simpler answer!

And we are supposed to know what this is about?