Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Paint Pumps

I posted this before but didn't get a "serious" response.

Anyway, the "new thing" in spray painting seems to be airless high pressure
painting using a positive displacement (piston) pump. The equipment can
be had for from $100 (Big Lots) to $500 or so depending upon quality,
pressure, capacity ...

Anyone here actually use it? Any "war stories?" Is it "worth" the price
and the trouble or what?

EMWTK

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 21, 1:45*pm, "John Gilmer" wrote:
I posted this before but didn't get a "serious" response.

Anyway, the "new thing" in spray painting seems to be airless high pressure
painting using a positive displacement (piston) pump. * *The equipment can
be had for from $100 (Big Lots) to $500 or so depending upon quality,
pressure, capacity ...

Anyone here actually use it? * Any "war stories?" * *Is it "worth" the price
and the trouble or what?

EMWTK

** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

"new thing" where have you been, airless is old stuff. 100$ will get
you a headache pump. I have a small Titan with about 400 gallons
through it with no issues, maybe a 900$ pump. If paint is your
business then a sprayer is a tool.
Posted to alt.home.repair
cm cm is offline

New???? They have been around for over 40 years. I finished painting my
house yesterday with one. They work great that's why professionals use them.
Mine was a bargain at $800.00. Bad prep = bad paint job.

cm

"John Gilmer" wrote in message
I posted this before but didn't get a "serious" response.

Anyway, the "new thing" in spray painting seems to be airless high
pressure painting using a positive displacement (piston) pump. The
equipment can be had for from $100 (Big Lots) to $500 or so depending upon
quality, pressure, capacity ...

Anyone here actually use it? Any "war stories?" Is it "worth" the
price and the trouble or what?

EMWTK

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 21, 2:57 pm, ransley wrote:
On Apr 21, 1:45 pm, "John Gilmer" wrote:

Anyway, the "new thing" in spray painting seems to be airless high pressure
painting using a positive displacement (piston) pump.

If paint is your
business then a sprayer is a tool.

New construction and some exterior, I doubt there's anything better.

If you don't know what you're doing though, you can and very likely
will end up with a: crappy job, and /or a mess (in a hurry, too), and/
or longer or harder work.

A consumer airless unit is probably best for consumers, I think.
Slow, but tough to get in trouble with.
-----

- gpsman

Pumps Jonathan UK diy 10 November 1st 07 01:12 AM
Paint Pumps John Gilmer[_2_] Home Repair 2 October 9th 07 07:31 PM
Salvaged Spa Pumps Bob Chilcoat Metalworking 9 September 5th 05 02:51 PM
Circulator Pumps [email protected] Home Repair 8 December 27th 04 08:03 PM
pumps Allan Adler Metalworking 2 December 24th 03 06:54 PM