DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Paint Pumps (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/246464-paint-pumps.html)

John Gilmer April 21st 08 07:45 PM

Paint Pumps

I posted this before but didn't get a "serious" response.

Anyway, the "new thing" in spray painting seems to be airless high pressure
painting using a positive displacement (piston) pump. The equipment can
be had for from $100 (Big Lots) to $500 or so depending upon quality,
pressure, capacity ...

Anyone here actually use it? Any "war stories?" Is it "worth" the price
and the trouble or what?

EMWTK

ransley April 21st 08 07:57 PM

Paint Pumps

On Apr 21, 1:45*pm, "John Gilmer" wrote:
I posted this before but didn't get a "serious" response.

Anyway, the "new thing" in spray painting seems to be airless high pressure
painting using a positive displacement (piston) pump. * *The equipment can
be had for from $100 (Big Lots) to $500 or so depending upon quality,
pressure, capacity ...

Anyone here actually use it? * Any "war stories?" * *Is it "worth" the price
and the trouble or what?

EMWTK

** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

"new thing" where have you been, airless is old stuff. 100$ will get
you a headache pump. I have a small Titan with about 400 gallons
through it with no issues, maybe a 900$ pump. If paint is your
business then a sprayer is a tool.

cm April 21st 08 08:59 PM

Paint Pumps

New???? They have been around for over 40 years. I finished painting my
house yesterday with one. They work great that's why professionals use them.
Mine was a bargain at $800.00. Bad prep = bad paint job.

cm

gpsman April 21st 08 09:02 PM

Paint Pumps

On Apr 21, 2:57 pm, ransley wrote:
On Apr 21, 1:45 pm, "John Gilmer" wrote:

Anyway, the "new thing" in spray painting seems to be airless high pressure
painting using a positive displacement (piston) pump.

If paint is your
business then a sprayer is a tool.

New construction and some exterior, I doubt there's anything better.

If you don't know what you're doing though, you can and very likely
will end up with a: crappy job, and /or a mess (in a hurry, too), and/
or longer or harder work.

A consumer airless unit is probably best for consumers, I think.
Slow, but tough to get in trouble with.
-----

- gpsman