Posted to alt.home.repair

Default siding

I am trying to fix my siding. As you see on the attached pictures
there is some rot underneath the existing siding. What would be the
best way to handle it ?
When I poke the knife in the rotten part it seems solid after I go ½”
deep

1. take the existing panels and put new hardie panels and just cover
it ?
2. take the existing panels out, treat the mold with some KILLZ and
then 1 ?
3. mess with 2X4 and replace them ?

I plan to stay in my place for a few years. I already put some hardie
trim 1X4 on the other side of the siding. I did not discover any
deterioration of the siding (under rotten previous 1X4 wooden trim) so
I assumed there is nothing going on underneath.

I really welcome any suggestions you guys might have – thanks

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...o/000_0033.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...o/000_0034.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...o/000_0032.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...o/000_0035.jpg