Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Resurfacing an asphalt driveway

I am about to put a brick edging to most of my driveway
and a 2x6 edging to the part where the land slopes away
thanks to responses to an earlier thread.

The last two times I had a contractor seal my driveway,
the cracks an holes were not filled. So I am wondering
if resurfacing it myself is practical.

I will appreciate all comments an suggeations.

Dick
--
Moderator: misc.taxes.moderated
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 21, 9:15*am, (Dick Adams) wrote:
I am about to put a brick edging to most of my driveway
and a 2x6 edging to the part where the land slopes away
thanks to responses to an earlier thread.

The last two times I had a contractor seal my driveway,
the cracks an holes were not filled. *So I am wondering
if resurfacing it myself is practical.

I will appreciate all comments an suggeations.

Dick
--
Moderator: misc.taxes.moderated

Yes, you can buy the sealer and other supplies at any of the home
center stores. The sealer will make the driveway look better and may
help extend it's life. However, if the driveway has real underlying
problems, is old, deteriortated, etc, it isn't going to solve that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dick Adams" wrote in message

The last two times I had a contractor seal my driveway,
the cracks an holes were not filled. So I am wondering
if resurfacing it myself is practical.

Explain what you mean by resurfacing please. If you mean adding a 2" top
coat of asphalt, no. If you mean filling the holes and crack and then
brushing on sealer, yes. Can be hard work and messy.

Asphalt driveway John UK diy 5 April 7th 08 03:50 PM
Asphalt Driveway Dick Adams[_2_] Home Repair 2 March 31st 08 09:05 PM
Concrete Asphalt or Resurfacing? brit4dollar Home Ownership 0 February 26th 06 01:10 AM
Asphalt Driveway PHroGman Home Repair 2 March 22nd 04 07:00 PM
What driveway deicer to use on asphalt driveway? sams Home Repair 2 December 8th 03 11:38 PM