DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   outdoor dimmer switch (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/246044-outdoor-dimmer-switch.html)

cj April 20th 08 02:07 PM

outdoor dimmer switch

or weather tight dimmer switch receptical. does such a thing exist?.
i would like to add some deck lighting and be able to dim the lights.
home d does not carry them and googling was not helpful either
thanks, cj

[email protected] April 20th 08 02:44 PM

outdoor dimmer switch

On Apr 20, 8:07�am, cj wrote:
or weather tight dimmer switch receptical. does such a thing exist?.
i would like to add some deck lighting and be able to dim the lights.
home d does not carry them and googling was not helpful either
thanks, cj

regular switch with built in dimmer slide right along the lever.

add weatherproof cover.

although i would probably put the dimmer indoors at a convenient
location. to save it from the wild outdoor temperature swings

John Grabowski April 20th 08 02:48 PM

outdoor dimmer switch

"cj" wrote in message
or weather tight dimmer switch receptical. does such a thing exist?.
i would like to add some deck lighting and be able to dim the lights.
home d does not carry them and googling was not helpful either
thanks, cj

Offhand I cannot think of a dimmer rated for wet locations, but there are
several styles of weather proof covers available.

Cliff Hartle[_2_] April 20th 08 03:27 PM

outdoor dimmer switch

Something like this.

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pro...0e6e95_300.jpg

--
**** Notice to Gmail users ****

Due to the large amount of Newsgroup SPAM from GMAIL accounts
I have and everyone who knows how to use filters are blocking all posts from
these accounts.
If you don't want your posts to be deleted tell Google to fix their problem.

Mark Lloyd April 20th 08 04:24 PM

outdoor dimmer switch

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 13:27:52 GMT, "Cliff Hartle"
wrote:

**** Notice to Gmail users ****

Due to the large amount of Newsgroup SPAM from GMAIL accounts
I have and everyone who knows how to use filters are blocking all posts from
these accounts.
If you don't want your posts to be deleted tell Google to fix their problem.

Shouldn't that be GOOGLE GROUPS, rather than (or as well as) GMAIL?
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"Never underestimate the power of stupid
people in large groups"

Cliff Hartle[_2_] April 20th 08 04:45 PM

outdoor dimmer switch

I actually filter Gmail and googlemail. With that and a few keywords the
spam is back to what is was a few months ago.

--
**** Notice to Gmail users ****

Due to the large amount of Newsgroup SPAM from GMAIL and googlemail accounts

ransley April 20th 08 04:46 PM

outdoor dimmer switch

On Apr 20, 7:07*am, cj wrote:
or weather tight dimmer switch receptical. does such a thing exist?.
i would like to add some deck lighting and be able to dim the lights.
home d does not carry them and googling was not helpful either
thanks, cj

X10 has wireless units, I have plugs outside which I can remotely
control and dim inside wirelessly, It can be set to an alarm system
and your PC

Smitty Two April 20th 08 05:32 PM

outdoor dimmer switch

wrote:

**** Notice to Gmail users ****

Due to the large amount of Newsgroup SPAM from GMAIL accounts
I have and everyone who knows how to use filters are blocking all posts from
these accounts.
If you don't want your posts to be deleted tell Google to fix their problem.

Shouldn't that be GOOGLE GROUPS, rather than (or as well as) GMAIL?

Yes, it should. This filtering on gmail is the best the lameass people
with the lameass newsreaders can do. It's really pathetic how little we
understand about the technologies on which we depend.

Cliff Hartle[_2_] April 20th 08 07:14 PM

outdoor dimmer switch

Well I don't think you can filter on just Google groups in Outlook Express,
only from and subject keywords, and I know I should be using a REAL
newsreader like thunderbird or some other off the wall indie newsreader. I
tried thunderbird but didn't like something about it.

If you have some way to do it OE please enlighten me, though I may look at
thunderbird again.

Smitty Two April 20th 08 10:23 PM

outdoor dimmer switch

In article 8SKOj.1605$pn4.905@trnddc03,
"Cliff Hartle" wrote:

Well I don't think you can filter on just Google groups in Outlook Express,
only from and subject keywords, and I know I should be using a REAL
newsreader like thunderbird or some other off the wall indie newsreader. I
tried thunderbird but didn't like something about it.

If you have some way to do it OE please enlighten me, though I may look at
thunderbird again.

My litmus test for a newsreader is, can it do what you want it to do? If
not, it isn't a *real* newsreader, IMO. Thunderbird, by that criteria,
isn't any more of real newsreader than OE.

Since I use a Mac, I don't know what's available for PCs. I have yet to
see anyone suggest anything, but it's difficult for me to believe that
nothing exists for PCs that's on a par with what is offered for macs.

Robert Barr April 21st 08 05:31 AM

outdoor dimmer switch

This filtering on gmail is the best the lameass people
with the lameass newsreaders can do. It's really pathetic how little we
understand about the technologies on which we depend.

Gee, that's odd. My 'lameass' newsreader filters anything I want, any
way I want. Just by using this:

http://improve-usenet.org/

Oddly enough, it's not pathetic at all. Just effective.

Smitty Two April 21st 08 07:34 AM

outdoor dimmer switch

In article ,
Robert Barr wrote:

This filtering on gmail is the best the lameass people
with the lameass newsreaders can do. It's really pathetic how little we
understand about the technologies on which we depend.

Gee, that's odd. My 'lameass' newsreader filters anything I want, any
way I want. Just by using this:

http://improve-usenet.org/

Oddly enough, it's not pathetic at all. Just effective.

Gosh, Robert, did you *read* the material on that site? Try the gmail
link, which explains the difference between email and usenet. As far as
the rest of the convoluted approach to killing what I can kill in ten
seconds, it's reason enough for me to stand by my assertion that the lot
of you are using pathetic newsreaders.