DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Rusty plier (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/245985-re-rusty-plier.html)

Jim Elbrecht April 20th 08 12:28 PM

Rusty plier

wrote:

I got a plier that is rusted solid,how to break it free?

I'd use PBR- but if that fails, I'd try electrolysis-
http://www.instructables.com/id/Elec...val-aka-Magic/

Jim

David Nebenzahl April 21st 08 04:07 AM

Rusty plier

On 4/20/2008 4:28 AM Jim Elbrecht spake thus:

wrote:

I got a plier that is rusted solid,how to break it free?

I'd use PBR- but if that fails, I'd try electrolysis-
http://www.instructables.com/id/Elec...val-aka-Magic/

I can vouch for this method of rust removal. It works on any ferrous
(iron/steel) object. Uses sodium carbonate as the electrolyte. Rust
comes right off!

All you need is a decent low-voltage DC power supply (a battery
charger'll do in a pinch).

conversation with the average voter.

- Attributed to Winston Churchill