Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wndow A/C Cycles Too Often

The outside temp is 54, A/C in shade. Nice spring day,
no excessive moisture.
Trying to cool down my house, the A/C cycles roughly every
5 minutes. Actually I seem to remember that this is normal with such a
low outside temp. Am I right, or if not, what could be wrong.
Thanks.
Frank
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 19, 1:41*pm, frank1492 wrote:
The outside temp is 54, A/C in shade. Nice spring day,
no excessive moisture.
* * Trying to cool down my house, the A/C cycles roughly every
5 minutes. Actually I seem to remember that this is normal with such a
low outside temp. Am I right, or if not, what could be wrong.
* * Thanks.
* * * * *Frank

Its probably froze up, you should not run it at cold temps, Why even
think of running it, get fresh air.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"frank1492" wrote in message
The outside temp is 54, A/C in shade. Nice spring day,
no excessive moisture.
Trying to cool down my house, the A/C cycles roughly every
5 minutes. Actually I seem to remember that this is normal with such a
low outside temp. Am I right, or if not, what could be wrong.
Thanks.
Frank

Most are designed not to run below about 60 outside so they don't freeze up.
Why not just open some windows and get real air?

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

frank1492 wrote:
The outside temp is 54, A/C in shade. Nice spring day,
no excessive moisture.
Trying to cool down my house, the A/C cycles roughly every
5 minutes. Actually I seem to remember that this is normal with such a
low outside temp. Am I right, or if not, what could be wrong.

Just turn the fan on w/o the compressor. Some even have thermostatic
control active in that mode as well...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thank you for your thoughts. The room simply doesn't have windows
that are easy to open, and I was looking for a quick cool-down. Also,
I've done this other years and don't remember having a problem, but
maybe the outside temp was higher before.
Frank