Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Charts for wire nuts and the combinations of wires that can goin each color?

StarMan wrote:
Does anyone know of a chart with a COMPREHENSIVE listing of the combinations
of wire sizes that can go in each color of wire nut?

I've done a google search but didn't find any such charts amoung the myriad
results.

I see that there are some capacities listed on the box when you buy a
certain color but I'd like something I could have on the computer which
gives as many combinations as possible and I could easily look up what I
need.

Maybe you've found your niche in life to create such an animal --

I would presume if you looked at the web sites of the various
manufacturers you would find the same information in forms from which
you could relatively easily construct such a table.

Posted to alt.home.repair

You can go to this web page, click on 'wire connectors' and than click on
each size and/or color to find a corresponding chart with wire sizes and
number of wires,
if that helps:

http://www.contractorlighting.com/in...3689310969a1da

StarMan wrote:
Does anyone know of a chart with a COMPREHENSIVE listing of the
combinations
of wire sizes that can go in each color of wire nut?

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

StarMan wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message ...
Maybe you've found your niche in life to create such an animal --

I would presume if you looked at the web sites of the various
manufacturers you would find the same information in forms from which
you could relatively easily construct such a table.

So I presume none yet exists?

I seriously doubt it, but I don't have one ottomh. If you say you can't
find what you're looking for, I'm also assuming that's a data point of
at least what you think you want may not be in the form you want it...I
really don't know what beyond the information on the boxes you would
want, frankly.

As for basic information - it would help to have some idea who the
manufacturers are. If you have no idea, that's ok, just say so

Oh, let's see... Ideal, 3M, Gardner Bender, come to mind...

I was also presuming if you had boxes to look at you had manufacturers
of product contained within those boxes...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Al Gosztyla" wrote in message
m...
You can go to this web page, click on 'wire connectors' and than click on
each size and/or color to find a corresponding chart with wire sizes and
number of wires,
if that helps:

http://www.contractorlighting.com/in...3689310969a1da

Hi, thanks, this helped a lot! :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.idealindustries.com/media...mbinations.pdf
I see that there are some capacities listed on the box when you buy a
certain color but I'd like something I could have on the computer which
gives as many combinations as possible and I could easily look up what I
need.

Maybe you've found your niche in life to create such an animal --

I would presume if you looked at the web sites of the various
manufacturers you would find the same information in forms from which
you could relatively easily construct such a table.

If we knew how to automatically and efficiently pack unequal circles into
a larger circle (with a "maximal hole degree algorithm"?), we might be able
to figure out how many 22 ga wires we could fit into an orange wire nut
with a minimum capacity of 1 18 ga + 1 20 ga wire and a maximum capacity of
4 16 ga + 1 20 ga wires.

Wikipedia says an AWG N gauge wire has a 0.005x92^((36-N)/39) inch diameter.

Nick

Posted to alt.home.repair

"StarMan" wrote in
:

Does anyone know of a chart with a COMPREHENSIVE listing of the
combinations of wire sizes that can go in each color of wire nut?

I've done a google search but didn't find any such charts amoung the
myriad results.

I see that there are some capacities listed on the box when you buy a
certain color but I'd like something I could have on the computer
which gives as many combinations as possible and I could easily look
up what I need.

O the back of some of the boxes I have there's a combo list.

High Voltage Wire Nuts? [email protected] Electronics Repair 27 May 4th 06 11:22 AM
Wire nuts gordonpuk UK diy 24 April 25th 06 09:52 PM
Using Splicers and Tap Connectors with Aluminum Wiring instead of Twist On Wire Nuts? Harry Muscle Home Ownership 7 October 28th 05 09:01 PM
Color combinations? DaveH Home Repair 4 June 7th 05 08:47 PM
phone ext color of wires Dave Plowman UK diy 4 July 5th 03 06:19 PM