DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Going back to candlelight (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/245821-re-going-back-candlelight.html)

Buck Turgidson April 19th 08 01:08 PM

Going back to candlelight

Just curious, does anyone use these for bathrooms, hallways, where the
lights are on for a short period of time (except for my wife in the case of
the bathroom).

I have heard that short, repeated use shortens the life.

ransley April 19th 08 02:10 PM

Going back to candlelight

On Apr 19, 7:08*am, "Buck Turgidson" wrote:
Just curious, does anyone use these for bathrooms, hallways, where the
lights are on for a short period of time (except for my wife in the case of
the bathroom).

I have heard that short, repeated use shortens the life.

Any flourescents life is shortened by turning on and off, it always
has been, but it could easly last longer than leaving it on, and it
costs you nothing off. I put them everywhere possible and dont think
about it. Buy a 4 pack for maybe 8$ at HD- soft white, and keep the
reciept for the warranty. The floods are not good on motion sensors if
you are trying to scare intruders, but compact cfls work if the lights
are covered, floods take way to long to brighten.

Mark Lloyd April 19th 08 03:47 PM

Going back to candlelight

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 08:08:33 -0400, "Buck Turgidson"
wrote:

Just curious, does anyone use these for bathrooms, hallways, where the
lights are on for a short period of time (except for my wife in the case of
the bathroom).

I have heard that short, repeated use shortens the life.

I have a couple in my bathroom, but don't use them much. Usually the
string of LED holiday lights is enough.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"So far as I can remember, there is not one word
in the Gospels in praise of intelligence."
--Bertrand Russell