Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Going back to candlelight

wrote in message
With these new compact florescent bulbs, we may as well all go back to
candle light. I have lived with these damn CF bulbs in my garage for
several years. I go in to get a tool, and have to stand for 5 minutes
waiting to be able to see what I'm doing.

One other thing, these bulbs are advertised to outlast standard bulbs.
I have not found that to be correct. None of them last any longer,
and many burn out sooner.

You must have bought some cheap crap back then. I fought for years
because of the ugly color, but the new ones give a bright, white light,
come on fast, and last a very long time.

Bitch as you see fit, but my recent experience has been the opposite of
yours. I have a couple for use as night lighting and they have been burning
a couple of years now, not the three months or so that the incandescent gave
me.