Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Windows painted Shut

Hey Everybody,

I have a problem that I am looking for an easy answer to. 75% of the
windows in my house are painted shut. The problem is that the prevoius
owners put up new storm windows. The windows are painted shut on the
inside of the storm windows and on the outside of the window its self.
Is the a easy way of doing this with out taking the storm windows
apart?

Thanks,
steve
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 16, 5:54*pm, Norminn wrote:
wrote:
Hey Everybody,

I have a problem that I am looking for an easy answer to. 75% of the
windows in my house are painted shut. The problem is that the prevoius
owners put up new storm windows. The windows are painted shut on the
inside of the storm windows and on the outside of the window its self.
Is the a easy way of doing this with out taking the storm windows
apart?

Thanks,
steve

Wood storms? *Double hung windows?

Yes, it's not clear what is stuck
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 16, 4:18*pm, "
wrote:
Hey Everybody,

I have a problem that I am looking for an easy answer to. 75% of the
windows in my house are painted shut. The problem is that the prevoius
owners put up new storm windows. The windows are painted shut on the
inside of the storm windows and on the outside of the window its self.
Is the a easy way of doing this with out taking the storm windows
apart?

Thanks,
steve

If you cant force it you have to remove the storm glass or frame and
since its probably caulked as well as screwed on you have a problem
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:05:55 -0500, "HeyBub"

Hey Everybody,

I have a problem that I am looking for an easy answer to. 75% of the
windows in my house are painted shut. The problem is that the prevoius
owners put up new storm windows. The windows are painted shut on the
inside of the storm windows and on the outside of the window its self.
Is the a easy way of doing this with out taking the storm windows
apart?

You can try slicing through the paint with a razor-type cutter...

I had an apartment with a huge sliding glass window. I cut through
the layers of paint using an old knife until it finally opened. It
took some persistence and I didn't do it in one sitting.