DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Metal roof shingles (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/244906-metal-roof-shingles.html)

Tony Hwang April 15th 08 04:31 PM

Metal roof shingles

Hi,
The one shaped like roof tiles. Epoxy granules on metal sheets.
Are they any good? Any one has it on his roof?
Comment?
TIA,

syed rasool April 15th 08 04:47 PM

Metal roof shingles

On Apr 15, 7:31*pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
Hi,
The one shaped like roof tiles. Epoxy granules on metal sheets.
Are they any good? Any one has it on his roof?
Comment?
TIA,

hai! have a nice day! add as a friend if u like me

RicodJour April 15th 08 05:21 PM

Metal roof shingles

On Apr 15, 10:31 am, Tony Hwang wrote:

The one shaped like roof tiles. Epoxy granules on metal sheets.
Are they any good? Any one has it on his roof?
Comment?

I designed an addition for a builder buddy, and he was all fired up
about the metal shingles. His look similar to regular shingles -
kinda sorta - not roof tile (assuming you meant the curved roof
tile). He likes the stuff, but I'm not crazy about the look. You
tend to see the outlines of each large tile/piece more than you would
on other types of roofing. Then again, that's the only example I've
seen up close.

Worn out Retread April 15th 08 09:01 PM

Metal roof shingles

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Hi,
The one shaped like roof tiles. Epoxy granules on metal sheets.
Are they any good? Any one has it on his roof?
Comment?
TIA,

A neighbour of mine has the metal shingles that look like asphalt type of
shingles and they look real good. He couldn't be happier with them.

--
Ron P

If we are what we eat then: I'm fast,
cheap and easy

ransley April 16th 08 01:01 AM

Metal roof shingles

On Apr 15, 9:31*am, Tony Hwang wrote:
Hi,
The one shaped like roof tiles. Epoxy granules on metal sheets.
Are they any good? Any one has it on his roof?
Comment?
TIA,

Logic is the epoxy granules wont last, its glued on, the roof will.

C & E April 16th 08 05:18 AM

Metal roof shingles

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Hi,
The one shaped like roof tiles. Epoxy granules on metal sheets.
Are they any good? Any one has it on his roof?
Comment?
TIA,

I've seen the ones that look like wooden shakes - sort of. Kinda cluky
looking but they should outlast fiberglass singles. At least that's what I
tend to think. But when I looked into standing seamed metal roofing I was
disappointed to find that the color is only rated for 20 years. Having to
repaint that much roof area would offset any postential savings that the
life of the steel would give. I haven't crunced any numbers and I'm not
quite sure how I would do that, what with projecting the price of an
appropriate paint twenty years out. A lot of help, aren't I -ugh!

BillGill April 16th 08 03:05 PM

Metal roof shingles

Tony Hwang wrote:
Hi,
The one shaped like roof tiles. Epoxy granules on metal sheets.
Are they any good? Any one has it on his roof?
Comment?
TIA,

Sort of an aside. Some insurance companies will give a discount on your
home owners insurance if you install impact resistant shingles. The State
Farm web site has a list of the shingles they will give the discount for.
The list is a huge long list. One page is for asphalt shingles. There
are pages and pages of metal shingles. So metal shingles are expected to
last a long time. There is one rider on that. To get the discount for
metal shingles you have to sign a statement that you don't get
insurance coverage for cosmetic damage (dents).

The discount is only good in certain states. I assume the ones where
hail damage is common. I live in Oklahoma, and hail damage is certainly
common here.

Bill Gill