Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dishwasher suggestion

I'd like to replace a dishwasher and am looking for suggestions for a no
frills unit. All I'd like a

- Integral water heater
- Ability to accept (some) solid food waste
- ON/OFF control. We don't seem to use any other options on this
dishwasher.
- Drying with forced (fan) heated air
- Quiet
- Reliability

We have another dishwasher that is used for china and crystal, etc. so
the one we're replacing is the work horse, pots, pans, and other
(expendable) daily stuff.

Thanks,
Boden
Posted to alt.home.repair

Boden wrote:

I'd like to replace a dishwasher and am looking for suggestions for a no
frills unit. All I'd like a

- Integral water heater
- Ability to accept (some) solid food waste
- ON/OFF control. We don't seem to use any other options on this
dishwasher.
- Drying with forced (fan) heated air
- Quiet
- Reliability

We have another dishwasher that is used for china and crystal, etc. so
the one we're replacing is the work horse, pots, pans, and other
(expendable) daily stuff.

Thanks,
Boden

Hmmm,
You wash crystal(real crystal) and china(gold trimmed collectible
vintage) in a washer? What brand/model is it? I wish I could have a
washer safe enough for that task.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 13, 5:55�pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
Boden wrote:
I'd like to replace a dishwasher and am looking for suggestions for a no
frills unit. �All I'd like a

- Integral water heater
- Ability to accept (some) solid food waste
- ON/OFF control. �We don't seem to use any other options on this
dishwasher.
- Drying with forced (fan) heated air
- Quiet
- Reliability

We have another dishwasher that is used for china and crystal, etc. so
the one we're replacing is the work horse, pots, pans, and other
(expendable) daily stuff.

Thanks,
Boden

well our bosch, the most unreliable appliance we ever owned died at 3
years old...... and 4 failures over that time

replaced it with a whirpool that had 4 control board failures but now
appears fine

however the whirlpool wash is anemic in comparison to the bosch......

i kinda wish we had bought bosch again with a long term warranty

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 15:06:30 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

well our bosch, the most unreliable appliance we ever owned died at 3
years old...... and 4 failures over that time

replaced it with a whirpool that had 4 control board failures but now
appears fine

however the whirlpool wash is anemic in comparison to the bosch......

i kinda wish we had bought bosch again with a long term warranty

whistles past graveyard

I'm coming up to six trouble-free years with my Bosch. Very quiet and
energy and water efficient, plus the cleaning performance is
outstanding.

Friends of mine have an old RCA dishwasher that continues to soldier
on. Guzzles water and electricity like there's no tomorrow and sounds
like a succession of Studebakers being sucked through a jet engine but
it still works and they have no itention of replacing it until it
dies.

Cheers,
Paul
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:

Boden wrote:

I'd like to replace a dishwasher and am looking for suggestions for a no
frills unit. All I'd like a

- Integral water heater
- Ability to accept (some) solid food waste
- ON/OFF control. We don't seem to use any other options on this
dishwasher.
- Drying with forced (fan) heated air
- Quiet
- Reliability

We have another dishwasher that is used for china and crystal, etc. so
the one we're replacing is the work horse, pots, pans, and other
(expendable) daily stuff.

Thanks,
Boden

Hmmm,
You wash crystal(real crystal) and china(gold trimmed collectible
vintage) in a washer? What brand/model is it? I wish I could have a
washer safe enough for that task.

Pretty much all dishwashers are perfectly safe for crystal and china,
it's the normal dishwasher detergents that are not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:

Boden wrote:

I'd like to replace a dishwasher and am looking for suggestions for a
no frills unit. All I'd like a

- Integral water heater
- Ability to accept (some) solid food waste
- ON/OFF control. We don't seem to use any other options on this
dishwasher.
- Drying with forced (fan) heated air
- Quiet
- Reliability

We have another dishwasher that is used for china and crystal, etc. so
the one we're replacing is the work horse, pots, pans, and other
(expendable) daily stuff.

Thanks,
Boden

Hmmm,
You wash crystal(real crystal) and china(gold trimmed collectible
vintage) in a washer? What brand/model is it? I wish I could have a
washer safe enough for that task.

The key here is to not use a conventional dishwasher detergent. That
will destroy crystal. Since this machine sees pretty clean (well
rinsed) surfaces anyway, 2 to 3 ml per load of sodium dodecyl sulfate is
all we use.

Boden
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 13, 5:51*pm, Boden wrote:
I'd like to replace a dishwasher and am looking for suggestions for a no
frills unit. *All I'd like a

- Integral water heater
- Ability to accept (some) solid food waste
- ON/OFF control. *We don't seem to use any other options on this
dishwasher.
- Drying with forced (fan) heated air
- Quiet
- Reliability

We have another dishwasher that is used for china and crystal, etc. so
the one we're replacing is the work horse, pots, pans, and other
(expendable) daily stuff.

Thanks,
Boden

There are so many out there. GE, Kitchen Aid, or Whirlpool are the
first that come to my mind.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Boden" wrote in message
I'd like to replace a dishwasher and am looking for suggestions for a no
frills unit. All I'd like a

- Integral water heater
- Ability to accept (some) solid food waste
- ON/OFF control. We don't seem to use any other options on this
dishwasher.
- Drying with forced (fan) heated air
- Quiet
- Reliability

We have another dishwasher that is used for china and crystal, etc. so the
one we're replacing is the work horse, pots, pans, and other (expendable)
daily stuff.

Thanks,
Boden

I'd go with Kitchen Aid or Whirlpool. Our KA has been flawless for four
years now and the last one was about 20 years.

Telephone suggestion Terry Home Repair 14 December 22nd 07 03:54 AM
I have a suggestion raden UK diy 22 July 13th 05 11:59 PM
Lee Valley - suggestion B Man Woodworking 15 February 21st 05 10:37 PM
uk-d-i-y Suggestion Pinot Grigio UK diy 45 January 7th 05 09:49 AM
Router bit suggestion? Mark & Shauna Woodworking 4 August 31st 04 03:27 AM