Posted to alt.home.repair

Default TELEVISION REPAIR?

My home recently burned and I lost everything. Because of the loss and
expense of replacement I had to buy a tv from a pawn shop. It worked
fine for about 2 weeks. Now the (webtv) color will just pop off. I would
turn off the webtv and the tv would have color again, Without the webtv
turned on the color is fine on the tv However I hooked the webtv to a
13" tv and the webtv works great. The reason I think it is the tv is
because of other problems with the tv. 1( When I cut off the tv (after
it has been on awhile) if I cut it right back on the picture will be
scrambled. I have to cut off the tv and wait at least 10 minutes before
I can cut the tv on again and get a clear picture. I have also noticed
that the tv is now making a vibrating noise for a few seconds and then
stops then comes again, Is this something that should be repaired or is
it something expensive?*I like the tv but don't want to put too much
into it. Thank You -William (from Carolina Beach NC)

Posted to alt.home.repair

William Hufham wrote:
[...]

I hate to have to say it, but it is probably not worth the cost of repair.
I doubt if you can get a technician to even look at it for less than
$75 or a $100 dollars.

Bill Gill
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 14:49:56 -0400, William Hufham wrote:
[...]

search google for the sci.electronics.repair faq

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thank You for your reply... Yes, I bought a brand new good cable.
Something I thought might be a clue is the way the tv (once on for a
while) when cut off will not turn back on with a clear picture.
(scrambled black and white, no color) I have to wait at least 10 minutes
to cut it back on with a clear picture. Does that tell you anything? I'm
feel sure that is not normal? Thank You -William (from Carolina Beach
NC)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 14, 11:44*am, (William Hufham) wrote:
Thank You for your reply... Yes, I bought a brand new good cable.
Something I thought might be a clue is the way the tv *(once on for a
while) when cut off will not turn back on with a clear picture.
(scrambled black and white, no color) I have to wait at least 10 minutes
to cut it back on with a clear picture. Does that tell you anything? I'm
feel sure that is not normal? Thank You -William (from Carolina Beach
NC)

I understand that money is tight, but you can get a brand new 13"
Color TV for under $60 (try Wal-Mart, Odd-Lot, Job-Lot, etc.) under
$90 with a DVD player.

I don't think you'll get anybody to even try and repair that type of
unit - in fact, you might even find a bigger one pretty cheap at a
repair shop. They often has used units for sale.

Also try your local Craig's List for some bargains.

Good luck!

Posted to alt.home.repair

William Hufham wrote:
[...]

I'm sure the pawn shop from which you purchased the defective unit will
cheerfully refund your money or trade the TV for one of similar or greater
value. Here's the way to do it:

You: "Do you sell guns?"

Pawn shop: "Yes, we have several nice ones for sale. Are you interested in a
pistol?"

You: "We'll get to that in a minute. First I want to talk to you about this
****ty TV you sold me."

Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

Or lower, since they and others just got fined for not
clearly marking the obsolete non-dtv tuner sets. After Feb
next year, you can find a lot of sets out by the curb ;-)

-- larry/dallas

television ad himana Home Ownership 0 December 17th 07 08:14 AM
samsung television repair ldl Electronics Repair 4 October 25th 05 12:58 PM
mitsubishi television repair MD Electronics Repair 3 July 10th 05 06:21 AM
GE 32GT720 television repair question - color transistor Asimov Electronics Repair 3 June 25th 04 11:09 AM
Wanted schematics for GE television model 31GT660 or repair help Gobzo Electronics Repair 10 November 9th 03 10:12 PM