DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Concrete floor for tile (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/243853-concrete-floor-tile.html)

[email protected] April 13th 08 02:44 PM

Concrete floor for tile

For small bathroom with no tub and a concrete floor do I need to put
anything on the concrete before I put in the thinset mortar for my
ceramic tiles?

RicodJour April 13th 08 03:04 PM

Concrete floor for tile

On Apr 13, 9:44 am, wrote:
For small bathroom with no tub and a concrete floor do I need to put
anything on the concrete before I put in the thinset mortar for my
ceramic tiles?

Nope, not as long as it's bare concrete. Sealers and paints may
interfere with adhesion. Some people use a liquid bonding agent, but
just read the manufacturer's instructions on the bag of thinset to
verify.