DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Smaller size (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/243851-smaller-size.html)

metronid April 13th 08 01:52 PM

Smaller size

My electric motor on my pool pump met its death.It was a 3/4 motor
and weighed about 15 lbys or so.115v and 9.5 AMPS.
I purchased a replacement pool pump with a 1 hp motor. 110V 6.2
amps.This motor is half the weight and the item is manufactured in
China.
Is this possible or have I been ripped .

[email protected] April 13th 08 01:58 PM

Smaller size

On Apr 13, 8:52�am, metronid wrote:
� My electric motor on my pool pump met its death.It was a 3/4 motor
and weighed about 15 lbys or so.115v and 9.5 AMPS.
�I purchased a replacement pool pump with a 1 hp motor. 110V 6.2
amps.This motor is half the weight and the item is manufactured in
China.
�Is thia little is possible or have I been ripped .

no its the way of the world, the new motor is likely stamped steel and
welded closed. never designed to be serviced bearings replaced
etc.......

so cheap when it fails just toss it.......

my best friend looked into this upgraded HP a little and is very
pleased.

costs less to make stuff in china, low wages, 3 dollar american a day
pay etc.

political prisoners in jails work even cheaper, just for food to
survive. no work no eat.........

HeyBub[_3_] April 13th 08 05:45 PM

Smaller size

metronid wrote:
My electric motor on my pool pump met its death.It was a 3/4 motor
and weighed about 15 lbys or so.115v and 9.5 AMPS.
I purchased a replacement pool pump with a 1 hp motor. 110V 6.2
amps.This motor is half the weight and the item is manufactured in
China.
Is this possible or have I been ripped .

Chinese, in general, are smaller than Westerners.

beecrofter[_2_] April 13th 08 06:55 PM

Smaller size

On Apr 13, 8:52*am, metronid wrote:
* My electric motor on my pool pump met its death.It was a 3/4 motor
and weighed about 15 lbys or so.115v and 9.5 AMPS.
*I purchased a replacement pool pump with a 1 hp motor. 110V 6.2
amps.This motor is half the weight and the item is manufactured in
China.
*Is this possible or have I been ripped .

Those are "Sears" horsepower, not real horsepower.
Unless the laws of physics have changed the only way you will get 1 hp
from a motor that draws 6.2 amps is to drop it from a great height.

HeyBub[_3_] April 13th 08 10:17 PM

Smaller size

beecrofter wrote:
On Apr 13, 8:52 am, metronid wrote:
My electric motor on my pool pump met its death.It was a 3/4 motor
and weighed about 15 lbys or so.115v and 9.5 AMPS.
I purchased a replacement pool pump with a 1 hp motor. 110V 6.2
amps.This motor is half the weight and the item is manufactured in
China.
Is this possible or have I been ripped .

Those are "Sears" horsepower, not real horsepower.
Unless the laws of physics have changed the only way you will get 1 hp
from a motor that draws 6.2 amps is to drop it from a great height.

Roughly:

110V x 6.2A = 682Watts x 1HP/746Watts = 0.914 HP

Which, with suitable rounding, is, er, about one horsepower.

ransley April 13th 08 11:44 PM

Smaller size

On Apr 13, 7:52*am, metronid wrote:
* My electric motor on my pool pump met its death.It was a 3/4 motor
and weighed about 15 lbys or so.115v and 9.5 AMPS.
*I purchased a replacement pool pump with a 1 hp motor. 110V 6.2
amps.This motor is half the weight and the item is manufactured in
China.
*Is this possible or have I been ripped .

Its possible it wont pump enough to clean the pool or move the boiler
water properly. Its a 6.2amp pump, the old one was 9.5amp, there
should be a spec sheet with it, hopefully its in english english.

metronid April 14th 08 08:58 PM

Smaller size

On Apr 13, 6:44*pm, ransley wrote:
On Apr 13, wrote:

* My electric motor on my pool pump met its death.It was a 3/4 motor
and weighed about 15 lbys or so.115v and 9.5 AMPS.
*I purchased a replacement pool pump with a 1 hp motor. 110V 6.2
amps.This motor is half the weight and the item is manufactured in
China.
*Is this possible or have I been ripped .

Its possible it wont pump enough to clean the pool or move the boiler
water properly. Its a 6.2amp pump, the old one was 9.5amp, there
should be a spec sheet with it, hopefully its in english english.

gpm is 55 H( m) 16 KW0.75 HP 1.0 IP 55.0 RPM 3450