Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Small appliance parts?

Looking for recommendations for supplier of parts for old (as in 60-yr
old! ) Hamilton Beach stationary mixer.

So far I've not had a tremendous amount of success in small appliance
parts in general, so thought I ask if anybody here has suggestions
(other than google which I've been doing w/, as noted, some but not
outstanding success). I'm interested in sites/vendors/etc. that anybody
has used w/ success.

I have found replacement beaters, what I'm searching for specifically is
a set of motor brushes for a Model G Hamilton Beach mixer while I'm at
it...eventually, yes, there is a possibility of finding an
appropriate-sized generic brush but want to try the specific replacement
route first.

And, H-B has been contacted so will eventually hear back from them, too,
so this is a generic request prompted by a specific...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dpb" wrote in message

I have found replacement beaters, what I'm searching for specifically is a
set of motor brushes for a Model G Hamilton Beach mixer while I'm at
it...eventually, yes, there is a possibility of finding an
appropriate-sized generic brush but want to try the specific replacement
route first.

Brushes are pretty generic. The ones at the local hardware store and ones
provided by the manufacturer will differ in one important area - - price.

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

I'd just take what's left of one brush and take it to a GOOD hardware
store (not an Orange-Colored Store) if they have drawers of Jandorf

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair
SRN SRN is offline

"dpb" wrote in message ...
what I'm searching for specifically is a set of motor brushes for a Model
G Hamilton Beach mixer while I'm at it...eventually, yes, there is a
possibility of finding an appropriate-sized generic brush but want to try
the specific replacement route first.

And, H-B has been contacted so will eventually hear back from them, too,
so this is a generic request prompted by a specific...

--

This might help if you can't find an exact replacement:
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Small-Hou...each-mixer.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 12, 5:22�pm, "SRN" wrote:
"dpb" wrote in ...
�what I'm searching for specifically is a set of motor brushes for a Model
G Hamilton Beach mixer while I'm at it...eventually, yes, there is a
possibility of finding an appropriate-sized generic brush but want to try
the specific replacement route first.

And, H-B has been contacted so will eventually hear back from them, too,
so this is a generic request prompted by a specific...

--

This might help if you can't find an exact replacement:http://en.allexperts.com/q/Small-Hou...559/Hamilton-B...

you can also file most brushes,, for width etc.

did that once in a emergency worked great.

remember brushes are made to wear.ust trim equally on both or all sides