DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Small appliance parts? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/243724-small-appliance-parts.html)

dpb April 12th 08 05:53 PM

Small appliance parts?

Looking for recommendations for supplier of parts for old (as in 60-yr
old! :) ) Hamilton Beach stationary mixer.

So far I've not had a tremendous amount of success in small appliance
parts in general, so thought I ask if anybody here has suggestions
(other than google which I've been doing w/, as noted, some but not
outstanding success). I'm interested in sites/vendors/etc. that anybody
has used w/ success.

I have found replacement beaters, what I'm searching for specifically is
a set of motor brushes for a Model G Hamilton Beach mixer while I'm at
it...eventually, yes, there is a possibility of finding an
appropriate-sized generic brush but want to try the specific replacement
route first.

And, H-B has been contacted so will eventually hear back from them, too,
so this is a generic request prompted by a specific...

Edwin Pawlowski April 12th 08 06:51 PM

Small appliance parts?

"dpb" wrote in message

I have found replacement beaters, what I'm searching for specifically is a
set of motor brushes for a Model G Hamilton Beach mixer while I'm at
it...eventually, yes, there is a possibility of finding an
appropriate-sized generic brush but want to try the specific replacement
route first.

Brushes are pretty generic. The ones at the local hardware store and ones
provided by the manufacturer will differ in one important area - - price.

Nate Nagel April 12th 08 09:10 PM

Small appliance parts?

dpb wrote:
[...]

I'd just take what's left of one brush and take it to a GOOD hardware
store (not an Orange-Colored Store) if they have drawers of Jandorf
stuff you ought to be able to find a replacement set for under $5.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

SRN April 12th 08 10:22 PM

Small appliance parts?

"dpb" wrote in message ...
what I'm searching for specifically is a set of motor brushes for a Model
G Hamilton Beach mixer while I'm at it...eventually, yes, there is a
possibility of finding an appropriate-sized generic brush but want to try
the specific replacement route first.

And, H-B has been contacted so will eventually hear back from them, too,
so this is a generic request prompted by a specific...

--

This might help if you can't find an exact replacement:
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Small-Hou...each-mixer.htm

[email protected] April 12th 08 11:18 PM

Small appliance parts?

On Apr 12, 5:22�pm, "SRN" wrote:
"dpb" wrote in ...
�what I'm searching for specifically is a set of motor brushes for a Model
G Hamilton Beach mixer while I'm at it...eventually, yes, there is a
possibility of finding an appropriate-sized generic brush but want to try
the specific replacement route first.

And, H-B has been contacted so will eventually hear back from them, too,
so this is a generic request prompted by a specific...

--

This might help if you can't find an exact replacement:http://en.allexperts.com/q/Small-Hou...559/Hamilton-B...

you can also file most brushes,, for width etc.

did that once in a emergency worked great.

remember brushes are made to wear.ust trim equally on both or all sides