DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Stock market plunging, plunging. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/243451-stock-market-plunging-plunging.html)

Ted April 12th 08 02:59 AM

Stock market plunging, plunging.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-5kz...eature=related

This video is a couple of months old. Stock prices took another big
hit 4/11/08 with more anticipated in the next few weeks. Get
out while you can.

Ted

Anonymous Infidel - the anti-political talking head April 12th 08 03:09 AM

Stock market plunging, plunging.

This video is a couple of months old. Stock prices took another big
hit 4/11/08 with more anticipated in the next few weeks. Get
out while you can.

Actually...These are times when you get in. [buy low, sell high]

timeOday April 12th 08 06:12 AM

Anonymous Infidel - the anti-political talking head wrote:
This video is a couple of months old. Stock prices took another big
hit 4/11/08 with more anticipated in the next few weeks. Get
out while you can.

Actually...These are times when you get in. [buy low, sell high]

Nobody knows if stocks are low or high relative to where they will go.
That's the whole point.

Rod Speed April 12th 08 10:47 AM

timeOday wrote:
Anonymous Infidel - the anti-political talking head wrote:
This video is a couple of months old. Stock prices took another big
hit 4/11/08 with more anticipated in the next few weeks. Get
out while you can.

Actually...These are times when you get in. [buy low, sell high]

Nobody knows if stocks are low or high relative to where they will go.

Some have a much better idea on that than others.

That's the whole point.

Nope.

Phil[_7_] April 12th 08 04:05 PM

On Apr 11, 9:59 pm, Ted wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-5kz...eature=related

This video is a couple of months old. Stock prices took another big
hit 4/11/08 with more anticipated in the next few weeks. Get
out while you can.

Ted

Ya, you wimp, you better stick all of the $10 you have to invest under
your matress.
It'll be worth a lot more there, the stock market goes down and you
jokers are all over
the place, when it comes back we never hear a word from the gloom and
doom crowd.

sheila April 12th 08 04:15 PM

On Apr 11, 9:59 pm, Ted wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-5kz...eature=related

This video is a couple of months old. Stock prices took another big
hit 4/11/08 with more anticipated in the next few weeks. Get
out while you can.

Ted

Ted it seems that you have absolutely no idea how the stock market
works

Jerry Kraus April 12th 08 04:23 PM

On Apr 12, 10:15*am, sheila wrote:
On Apr 11, 9:59 pm, Ted wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-5kz...eature=related

This video is a couple of months old. Stock prices took another big
hit 4/11/08 with more anticipated in the next few weeks. Get
out while you can.

Ted

Ted it seems that you have absolutely no idea how the stock market
works

He's not alone.

In some ways, it's quite simple, though. If companies are all losing
money, and going into debt, you don't want to own their stock, because
you own debt. Which is why everyone's getting out of the market and
into Gold.

Phisherman April 12th 08 04:29 PM

Stock market plunging, plunging.

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 08:15:14 -0700 (PDT), sheila
wrote:

On Apr 11, 9:59 pm, Ted wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-5kz...eature=related

This video is a couple of months old. Stock prices took another big
hit 4/11/08 with more anticipated in the next few weeks. Get
out while you can.

Ted

Ted it seems that you have absolutely no idea how the stock market
works

The way it works best is to buy when most others sell, and to sell
when others buy. This is a very good time to buy stocks or a house.

Frank[_9_] April 12th 08 07:24 PM

"Ted" wrote in message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-5kz...eature=related

This video is a couple of months old. Stock prices took another big
hit 4/11/08 with more anticipated in the next few weeks. Get
out while you can.

Ted

Ron Paul who?

I'll sell when Warren Buffett sells.

The DOW was at 850 on 1981 and 12,325 as of 4/11/08 - not exactly a hugh
crash even it was down 256 point for the day, partly due to GE.

Wayne April 12th 08 07:30 PM

Stock market plunging, plunging.

" Frank" wrote in message
. ..

"Ted" wrote in message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-5kz...eature=related

This video is a couple of months old. Stock prices took another big
hit 4/11/08 with more anticipated in the next few weeks. Get
out while you can.

Ted

Ron Paul who?

I'll sell when Warren Buffett sells.

The DOW was at 850 on 1981 and 12,325 as of 4/11/08 - not exactly a hugh
crash even it was down 256 point for the day, partly due to GE.

I've heard recent accounts that Warren Buffett is buying. Opportunities
like this are not common.

[email protected] April 12th 08 07:44 PM

Stock market plunging, plunging.

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 18:30:50 GMT, "Wayne"
wrote:

" Frank" wrote in message

"Ted" wrote in message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-5kz...eature=related

This video is a couple of months old. Stock prices took another big
hit 4/11/08 with more anticipated in the next few weeks. Get
out while you can.

Ted

Ron Paul who?

I'll sell when Warren Buffett sells.

The DOW was at 850 on 1981 and 12,325 as of 4/11/08 - not exactly a hugh
crash even it was down 256 point for the day, partly due to GE.

I've heard recent accounts that Warren Buffett is buying. Opportunities
like this are not common.

Some folks are screaming, "The sky is falling, the sky is falling."
Then some quietly run around buying up the sky. Remember to buy low,
sell high. If there is nothing low, yell, "The sky is falling . . ."

DCI

Rod Speed April 12th 08 07:49 PM

Stock market plunging, plunging.

Jerry Kraus wrote
sheila wrote
Ted wrote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-5kz...eature=related

This video is a couple of months old. Stock prices took another big hit
4/11/08 with more anticipated in the next few weeks. Get out while you can.

Ted it seems that you have absolutely no idea how the stock market works

He's not alone.

In some ways, it's quite simple, though.

Nope.

If companies are all losing money, and going into debt,

All are never in that situation.

you don't want to own their stock, because you own debt.

Thats wrong too if they are about to reverse that situation.

Which is why everyone's getting out of the market and into Gold.

They aint doing that either.

Jerry Kraus April 12th 08 07:59 PM

Stock market plunging, plunging.

On Apr 12, 1:49*pm, "Rod Speed" wrote:
Jerry Kraus wrote

sheila wrote
Ted wrote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-5kz...eature=related
This video is a couple of months old. Stock prices took another big hit
4/11/08 with more anticipated in the next few weeks. Get out while you can.
Ted it seems that you have absolutely no idea how the stock market works

He's not alone.
In some ways, it's quite simple, though.

Nope.

If companies are all losing money, and going into debt,

All are never in that situation.

you don't want to own their stock, because you own debt.

Thats wrong too if they are about to reverse that situation.

Which is why everyone's getting out of the market and into Gold.

They aint doing that either.

You're good at nay-saying Rod. Know how to do anything else?

Didn't think so.

Jerry Kraus April 12th 08 08:11 PM

Stock market plunging, plunging.

On Apr 12, 1:30*pm, "Wayne" wrote:
" Frank" wrote in message

. ..

"Ted" wrote in message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-5kz...eature=related

This video is a couple of months old. Stock prices took another big
hit 4/11/08 with more anticipated in the next few weeks. Get
out while you can.

Ted

Ron Paul who?

I'll sell when Warren Buffett sells.

The DOW was at 850 on 1981 and 12,325 as of 4/11/08 - not exactly a hugh
crash even it was down 256 point for the day, partly due to GE.

I've heard recent accounts that Warren Buffett is buying. *Opportunities
like this are not common.- Hide quoted text -

Warren Buffet has no choice but to buy. He's insuring the bond
brokers with his personal fortune!

Your high priests are about to be overthrown, my friends.

By the way, the dollar's down to half what it was on international
markets 5 years ago. That amounts to a 50% drop in the capital value
of the U.S. markets, on its own.

Kurt Ullman April 12th 08 08:22 PM

Stock market plunging, plunging.

In article ,
" Frank" wrote:

"Ted" wrote in message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-5kz...eature=related

This video is a couple of months old. Stock prices took another big
hit 4/11/08 with more anticipated in the next few weeks. Get
out while you can.

Ted

Ron Paul who?

I'll sell when Warren Buffett sells.

The DOW was at 850 on 1981 and 12,325 as of 4/11/08 - not exactly a hugh
crash even it was down 256 point for the day, partly due to GE.

Also for reasons of laziness and stupidity, most newsies report
these kinds of drops in numbers. The largest one day numerical drop of a
few months ago, did not even make it into the top 25 percentage-wise,
the right metric.

Rod Speed April 12th 08 08:49 PM

Stock market plunging, plunging.

Jerry Kraus wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Jerry Kraus wrote
sheila wrote
Ted wrote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-5kz...eature=related
This video is a couple of months old. Stock prices took another
big hit 4/11/08 with more anticipated in the next few weeks. Get
out while you can.

Ted it seems that you have absolutely no idea how the stock market works

He's not alone.
In some ways, it's quite simple, though.

Nope.

If companies are all losing money, and going into debt,

All are never in that situation.

you don't want to own their stock, because you own debt.

Thats wrong too if they are about to reverse that situation.

Which is why everyone's getting out of the market and into Gold.

They aint doing that either.

You're good at nay-saying Rod.

You're pathetic at bull****ting, Kraus.

Know how to do anything else?

Didn't think so.

Never ever could bull**** its way out of a wet paper bag.

Rod Speed April 12th 08 08:53 PM

Stock market plunging, plunging.

Jerry Kraus wrote
Wayne wrote
Frank wrote
Ted wrote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-5kz...eature=related

This video is a couple of months old. Stock prices took another big hit
4/11/08 with more anticipated in the next few weeks. Get out while you can.

Ron Paul who?

I'll sell when Warren Buffett sells.

The DOW was at 850 on 1981 and 12,325 as of 4/11/08 - not exactly
a hugh crash even it was down 256 point for the day, partly due to GE.

I've heard recent accounts that Warren Buffett is buying.
Opportunities like this are not common.

Warren Buffet has no choice but to buy.

Wrong, as always.

He's insuring the bond brokers with his personal fortune!

Wrong, as always.

Your high priests are about to be overthrown, my friends.

Bet he wont.

By the way, the dollar's down to half what
it was on international markets 5 years ago.

You fools are stupid enough to elect some stupid monkey that
decides to pour trillions of bucks down a rat hole for money in
Iraq ? You fools get to wear the downsides of doing that.

Frank[_9_] April 12th 08 08:55 PM

Stock market plunging, plunging.

"Jerry Kraus" wrote in message
On Apr 12, 1:30 pm, "Wayne" wrote:
" Frank" wrote in message

. ..

"Ted" wrote in message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-5kz...eature=related

This video is a couple of months old. Stock prices took another big
hit 4/11/08 with more anticipated in the next few weeks. Get
out while you can.

Ted

Ron Paul who?

I'll sell when Warren Buffett sells.

The DOW was at 850 on 1981 and 12,325 as of 4/11/08 - not exactly a hugh
crash even it was down 256 point for the day, partly due to GE.

I've heard recent accounts that Warren Buffett is buying. Opportunities
like this are not common.- Hide quoted text -

Warren Buffet has no choice but to buy. He's insuring the bond
brokers with his personal fortune!

Your high priests are about to be overthrown, my friends.

-----------------------

That's what we said about him during 2000 when he won't invest into the high
tech market and Berkshire lost market value.

BRK.A up 19.7% in 12 months, killing the S&P500, not bad considering this
****ty economy.

http://finance.google.com/finance?q=NYSE%3ABRK.A

I would not short Buffett in the long run.

-----------------------

By the way, the dollar's down to half what it was on international
markets 5 years ago. That amounts to a 50% drop in the capital value
of the U.S. markets, on its own.

-----------------------

Yeah, the dollar valuation is ugly. On the other hand, it helps on the
export and manufacturing side - just couldn't afford to drive or take a
vacation outside the country.

Market will be choppy for the next few months but at some point, I hope by
year end, it will rally and I don't want to miss it. Every day, including
down days, is an opportunity.

Jerry Kraus April 12th 08 09:07 PM

On Apr 12, 1:30 pm, "Wayne" wrote:

" Frank" wrote in message

"Ted" wrote in message
[...]

down days, is an opportunity.- Hide quoted text -

Buy away. It's your funeral.

In any case, there's nothing else to invest in, so you might as well.
The Banks are going bankrupt, the real estate market's collapsing, the
dollar has lost most of its value, and the Prime Rate's down to 2%, so
not a Hell of a lot of point to investing in Bonds, particularly with
inflation on the rise!

You have money now, you're going to lose it. Your system is broken.

Rod Speed April 12th 08 09:37 PM

Jerry Kraus wrote:
On Apr 12, 2:55 pm, " Frank" wrote:
"Jerry Kraus" wrote in message

On Apr 12, 1:30 pm, "Wayne" wrote:

" Frank" wrote in message

. ..

"Ted" wrote in message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-5kz...eature=related

This video is a couple of months old. Stock prices took another
big hit 4/11/08 with more anticipated in the next few weeks. Get
out while you can.

Ted

Ron Paul who?

I'll sell when Warren Buffett sells.

The DOW was at 850 on 1981 and 12,325 as of 4/11/08 - not exactly
a hugh crash even it was down 256 point for the day, partly due to
GE.

I've heard recent accounts that Warren Buffett is buying.
Opportunities like this are not common.- Hide quoted text -

[...]

Nope, yours.

In any case, there's nothing else to invest in, so you might as well.

Mindless pig ignorant silly stuff.

The Banks are going bankrupt, the real estate market's collapsing, the
dollar has lost most of its value, and the Prime Rate's down to 2%, so not
a Hell of a lot of point to investing in Bonds, particularly with inflation on the rise!

Plenty still doing very well.

You have money now, you're going to lose it.

Only in your pathetic little pig ignorant fantasyland.

Your system is broken.

You never ever had one to break.

JR Weiss April 13th 08 12:35 AM

Stock market plunging, plunging.

Jerry Kraus wrote

You're good at nay-saying Rod.

You're pathetic at bull****ting, Kraus.

Know how to do anything else?

Didn't think so.

Never ever could bull**** its way out of a wet paper bag.

Indeed, besides nay-saying, rodless knows how to insult people and use
profanity. That's his entire repertoire.

Anyone who'd seen his posts more than twice knows that...

stu April 13th 08 12:51 AM

Stock market plunging, plunging.

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
In article ,
" Frank" wrote:

"Ted" wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-5kz...eature=related

This video is a couple of months old. Stock prices took another big
hit 4/11/08 with more anticipated in the next few weeks. Get
out while you can.

Ted

Ron Paul who?

I'll sell when Warren Buffett sells.

The DOW was at 850 on 1981 and 12,325 as of 4/11/08 - not exactly a hugh
crash even it was down 256 point for the day, partly due to GE.

Also for reasons of laziness and stupidity, most newsies report
these kinds of drops in numbers. The largest one day numerical drop of a
few months ago, did not even make it into the top 25 percentage-wise,
the right metric.

I don't think its laziness. They have to talk about something. Saying "ABC
fell by $1!!!" sounds much more exiting than "ABC fell by just over 1% which
takes it back to the price it was 2 days ago" and they certainly couldn't
say "Well nothing really happened today and if it had happened we wouldn't
really know why"

stu April 13th 08 12:53 AM

wrote:

On Apr 11, 9:59 pm, Ted wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-5kz...eature=related

This video is a couple of months old. Stock prices took another big
hit 4/11/08 with more anticipated in the next few weeks. Get
out while you can.

Ted

Ted it seems that you have absolutely no idea how the stock market
works

The way it works best is to buy when most others sell, and to sell
when others buy. This is a very good time to buy stocks or a house.

So buy at the top(when others start to sell) and sell at the bottom(when
others start to buy)? :)

Bob F April 13th 08 05:26 PM

Stock market plunging, plunging.

"JR Weiss" wrote in message
. ..
Jerry Kraus wrote

You're good at nay-saying Rod.

You're pathetic at bull****ting, Kraus.

Know how to do anything else?

Didn't think so.

Never ever could bull**** its way out of a wet paper bag.

Indeed, besides nay-saying, rodless knows how to insult people and use
profanity. That's his entire repertoire.

Anyone who'd seen his posts more than twice knows that...

Anyone who sees them needs to learn how to block him. He has nothing to
contribute.