Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New roof pricing - any guides? Links?

Anyone know of any sources where to look for general pricing of new roofs
for various types of roofing and various size homes?

I got an estimate which was higher than I imagined yet it might be in line.
I'd like to get a general idea what the range of roof costs would be.

I don't need anything too specific; just to get a "feel" for what quality
work is going for.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Star,

Get a few more estimates. Pricing really depends on the area. With the
current market for new homes I'd think that contractors would be willing to
deal.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 9, 11:15�am, Blattus Slafaly 0/00 ? ? ?
wrote:
StarMan wrote:
Anyone know of any sources where to look for general pricing of new roofs
for various types of roofing and various size homes?

I got an estimate which was higher than I imagined yet it might be in line.
I'd like to get a general idea what the range of roof costs would be.

I don't need anything too specific; just to get a "feel" for what quality
work is going for.

You can do it �yourself for one tenth the cost.

--
Blattus Slafaly �? 3 � � �7/8

do a complete tear off, inspect deck repair as needed, new flashing
drip edge etc, rubber membrame on at least any vulnerable or ice dam
areas.

just disposal of old roof materials now costs a fortune....
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 9, 1:42*am, "StarMan" wrote:
Anyone know of any sources where to look for general pricing of new roofs
for various types of roofing and various size homes?

I got an estimate which was higher than I imagined yet it might be in line..
I'd like to get a general idea what the range ofroofcosts would be.

I don't need anything too specific; just to get a "feel" for what quality
work is going for.

Hmmmm.....I do not know of any source for getting you some pricing,
posted on the Internet........but ingeneral a quote is devided by
threes...not 10's like the fool who said you could do it yourself for
1/10th the cost....he must think YOUR labor is worth nothing...and the
materials are only 1/10 of the bid...LOL I WISH we could get that
kind of mark-up! The 30 year shingles are running about 55 per
square....felt is 4 per square....two boxes of nails is 60...then you
have any metal work...valley,step,counters,chimneys...do you need
iceguard?? Is it a tearoff?? What is the material going into...can
your driveway handle the weight?
In general you can take the lenght of your house times the width times
1.04 to get the GENERAL squares of the roof...multiply that by
300.....that should get you into the range of the roofs cost value to
a contractor....but I stress that it is a GENRAL way of getting the
range........if you want to email me a pic of your home...i could get
you a better idea of the jobs value.....

Good Luck form Roof TIME LLC/ Cincinnati
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 11, 8:43 am, Roof Time LLC wrote:
On Apr 9, 1:42 am, "StarMan" wrote:

[...]

I got a new roof last June. The papers say it was 30 squares. The
cost of installation on the GAF warranty shows $6800. We actually
paid $8890 ... in addition to the roof we had them renail the plywood
and reinforce the gable ends and install a secondary water barrier. We
are in Florida and wanted to bring the house up to code so we could
get a better price on home owners insurance. The price also included
removing old roof and hauling it away. We actually got three
estimates. The other two were for roofing alone - they didn't do the
other type repairs. They gave a higher estimate for the same roofing
(GAF) 50 year Timberline Ultra.

Clamp Guides ... AlexW UK diy 9 January 18th 06 07:45 PM
OT Saw Guides Castonguay, Guy Woodturning 2 March 17th 05 02:43 PM
OT Saw Guides WillR Woodworking 0 March 17th 05 02:41 PM
Pricing on terra cotta barrel roof MC Home Ownership 2 January 27th 04 03:21 AM
Heat Recovery Ventilation - Any advice or good links to guides etc? marky UK UK diy 3 October 18th 03 06:50 AM