DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Fisher Paykel power wouldn't turn on (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/242280-fisher-paykel-power-wouldnt-turn.html)

tomkanpa April 6th 08 06:06 PM

Fisher Paykel power wouldn't turn on

I did a load of wash, and then put in a second load. Pressed the power
button, NOTHING. Tried a few more times, still no power. I looked at
the trouble shooting section of the owner's manual. It stated to
unplug the machine and wait 60 seconds. I did this, pressed the Power
button and everything was fine.
My question is, what happened that prevented the power from coming on
and what did the act of unplugging/plugging do to remedy the problem?
Is this normal or a preview of an upcoming problem?

EXT April 6th 08 08:46 PM

Fisher Paykel computer crash.

On-board computer crashed, needed re-booting by powering down and then
powering up.
Probably from a power line spike. This is a common problem and solution for
many electronics.

I had a van a number of years ago where the transmission computer would lock
into 2nd gear. Solution was to turn the engine off, wait a moment, then
start up again and all would be right. Eventually had the circuit board
replaced.