Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacing two kitchen cabinet doors - can't find a match ??

Hi,
My puppy chewed two kitchen cabinet doors. Theyre about 20 years old,
oak finish. The only marking inside the drawers reads "excel". I've
called a bunch of places and no one has heard of Excel and they don't
match anything I have looked at. Also no place I have called will
custom build 2 doors. Has anyone heard of excel ? Is there a massive
cabinet warehouse website anyone here would recommend? or a custom
manufacturer that would handle an order like this? Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Hi,
My puppy chewed two kitchen cabinet doors. Theyre about 20 years old,
oak finish. The only marking inside the drawers reads "excel". I've
called a bunch of places and no one has heard of Excel and they don't
match anything I have looked at. Also no place I have called will
custom build 2 doors. Has anyone heard of excel ? Is there a massive
cabinet warehouse website anyone here would recommend? or a custom
manufacturer that would handle an order like this? Thanks

'Oak Finish' as in faux woodgrain over chipboard, with maybe real wood
trim, or oak finish as in real wood? 1987 could go either way. If
chipboard, you are probably SOL, but if real wood, any custom
millwork/cabinetry shop could probably make them for you. It would not
be cheap, though, especially if they have to make a knife for their
planer to do it. If they are real wood, I'd try a furniture repair
place- usually listed under 'refinishing' in the yellow pages. I've seen
them do some amazing things with epoxy filler and spot painting with an
00 brush. If you look, you can still see the damage, but it doesn't jump
out at you. It is artisan work, so expect to pay accordingly.

Other option- write down all the dimensions for ALL the doors in the
kitchen, and take a door with you, and hunt down the nearest kitchen
cabinet outlet store. Many of them carry loose doors- factory overruns,
slight seconds, spares for apartment-complex style cabinets, etc.
(Apartments I used to live in changed the doors on the cheap cabinets
all the time when tenants would trash them.)

Keep in mind, if people know you have a puppy, they will understand. I'd
live with it till the mutt learns some manners, and then maybe use that
as an excuse to refresh the kitchen. If the carcasses and face frames
are in good shape, one of the kitchen refacing companies could change
out the drawer fronts and doors pretty cheap. (That is a simple swap- it
is applying the veneer to the frames and ends that usually looks tacky.)

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Theyre not solid. The dog ripped large strips of the oak finish off.

On Apr 5, 5:02*pm, Norminn wrote:
wrote:
Hi,
My puppy chewed two kitchen cabinet doors. Theyre about 20 years old,
oak finish. The only marking inside the drawers reads "excel". I've
called a bunch of places and no one has heard of Excel and they don't
match anything I have looked at. Also no place I have called will
custom build 2 doors. Has anyone heard of excel ? Is there a massive
cabinet warehouse website anyone here would recommend? *or a custom
manufacturer that would handle an order like this? Thanks

Are these solid wood? *How much damage? *Can you upload a photo?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In Pittsburgh Excel is a kitchen supplier here is their web page, but good
luck I doubt you could find anything for a four year old particle board
cabinet.

http://www.excelkitchens.com/

wrote in message
Hi,
My puppy chewed two kitchen cabinet doors. Theyre about 20 years old,
oak finish. The only marking inside the drawers reads "excel". I've
called a bunch of places and no one has heard of Excel and they don't
match anything I have looked at. Also no place I have called will
custom build 2 doors. Has anyone heard of excel ? Is there a massive
cabinet warehouse website anyone here would recommend? or a custom
manufacturer that would handle an order like this? Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

Previously aemeijers wrote:

wrote:
Hi,
My puppy chewed two kitchen cabinet doors. Theyre about 20 years old,
oak finish. The only marking inside the drawers reads "excel". I've
called a bunch of places and no one has heard of Excel and they don't
match anything I have looked at. Also no place I have called will
custom build 2 doors. Has anyone heard of excel ? Is there a massive
cabinet warehouse website anyone here would recommend? or a custom
manufacturer that would handle an order like this? Thanks

AEM's Useful information snipped
Piggybacking, because I don't have the original message.

No one has heard of Excel Cabinets?

In the east, the cabinets may have been made by
EXCEL WOOD PRODUCTS CO INC
1 EXCEL PLAZA
LAKEWOOD, NJ 08701
But it seems they may be out of business because I can't find a
telephone listing for them.

If you're in the mid-west, maybe
www.excel-cabinets.com
EXCEL CABINETS & INTERIORS, LLC
13737 INDUSTRIAL RD
OMAHA NE 68137-1129
USA
Contact Detail
Phone : +1-402-829-8600
Fax : +1-402-829-8601
Email :
Toll Free : +1- 866-XL-EXCEL
1- 866-953-9235

In the west, there is
www.excelcabinets.inc
Voice: 951-279-4545
Fax: 951-279-4544
Postal Address: 225 Jason Ct., Corona, CA 92879-6199
Email:
General Information:
Sales:

Customer Support:

Webmaster:

Stan
--
"I hereby apologize for making a silly joke out of your thoughtful,
sober response." - Opus, AFCA