Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Paint appropriate for heating radiators

Hi,

Is this paint:

http://www.metropartsmarket.com/kryl...aint-c8s2.html

appropriate for painting a radiator? We have hot water heating.

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron
Posted to alt.home.repair

Is this just for the housing of a baseboard hot water radiator (not
steam)? If so, you could use latex paint. I have painted mine over the
years and never had a problem. They don't get that hot. I have even
painted the a small section of the hot water pipes (don't know if it
was a good idea but hasn't been a problem) which heat up to 180
degrees with latex. If it's steam heat, then that is a different
question.
Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

On Apr 4, 2:26*am, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

Is this paint:

http://www.metropartsmarket.com/kryl...aint-c8s2.html

appropriate for painting a radiator? We have hot water heating.

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron

Probably, they don't get that hot. That said if you have the
opportunity to do so the radiators would probably work best if
stripped bare before painting, so there's only a thin layer of paint
between the cast iron and the air.

nate