DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wall tile mortar (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/241520-wall-tile-mortar.html)

[email protected] April 2nd 08 10:45 PM

Wall tile mortar

I am putting new ceramic tile in my small bathroom. I also need to
put one level of tiling on the wall above the floor tiling. I will
use thinset mortar for my floor tiling. Do I use thinset mortar also
for the wall tiles? If not what do I use?

charlie April 2nd 08 10:50 PM

Wall tile mortar

wrote in message
I am putting new ceramic tile in my small bathroom. I also need to
put one level of tiling on the wall above the floor tiling. I will
use thinset mortar for my floor tiling. Do I use thinset mortar also
for the wall tiles? If not what do I use?

you can use thinset or mastic

[email protected] April 2nd 08 11:46 PM

Wall tile mortar

You can use thinset or mastic. The best mastic you can buy for wall
tile is sold by Home Depot. But be clean with the mastic it does not
clean up as easy as thin set I have some pictures of a tile shower I
installed at a customers house at my blog http://portfolioofwork.blogspot.com/

If you need any help just let me know and I'll up date my blog with
some info.

RicodJour April 3rd 08 12:15 AM

Wall tile mortar

On Apr 2, 5:45 pm, " wrote:
I am putting new ceramic tile in my small bathroom. I also need to
put one level of tiling on the wall above the floor tiling. I will
use thinset mortar for my floor tiling. Do I use thinset mortar also
for the wall tiles? If not what do I use?

You can use almost any construction adhesive for that application.
It's a lot easier to apply and just as durable unless you habitually
bang into the tile baseboard.

Big_Jake April 3rd 08 12:56 AM

Wall tile mortar

On Apr 2, 5:46 pm, "
wrote:
You can use thinset or mastic. The best mastic you can buy for wall
tile is sold by Home Depot. But be clean with the mastic it does not
clean up as easy as thin set I have some pictures of a tile shower I
installed at a customers house at my bloghttp://portfolioofwork.blogspot.com/

If you need any help just let me know and I'll up date my blog with
some info.

So all the tile specialty stores EVERYWHERE in the world sell a
product inferior to HOME DEPOT?!?

HA!

JK

RicodJour April 3rd 08 05:13 AM

Wall tile mortar

On Apr 2, 7:56 pm, Big_Jake wrote:
On Apr 2, 5:46 pm, "
wrote:

You can use thinset or mastic. The best mastic you can buy for wall
tile is sold by Home Depot. But be clean with the mastic it does not
clean up as easy as thin set I have some pictures of a tile shower I
installed at a customers house at my bloghttp://portfolioofwork.blogspot.com/

If you need any help just let me know and I'll up date my blog with
some info.

So all the tile specialty stores EVERYWHERE in the world sell a
product inferior to HOME DEPOT?!?

HA!

I would venture not a single product in Home Depot is the best you can
buy.

Big_Jake April 3rd 08 01:11 PM

Wall tile mortar

On Apr 2, 11:13 pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Apr 2, 7:56 pm, Big_Jake wrote:

On Apr 2, 5:46 pm, "
wrote:

You can use thinset or mastic. The best mastic you can buy for wall
tile is sold by Home Depot. But be clean with the mastic it does not
clean up as easy as thin set I have some pictures of a tile shower I
installed at a customers house at my bloghttp://portfolioofwork.blogspot.com/

If you need any help just let me know and I'll up date my blog with
some info.

So all the tile specialty stores EVERYWHERE in the world sell a
product inferior to HOME DEPOT?!?

HA!

I would venture not a single product in Home Depot is the best you can
buy.

But several are the worst you can buy! :-)

JK