DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ball Park Estimate (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/241224-ball-park-estimate.html)

Schmooseme April 1st 08 09:47 PM

Ball Park Estimate

Could anybody give me a ball park on the cost of a Payne PF4M Fan
Coil? the unit cost and installation cost. My ripoff home warrenty
co. wants to give me only 600.00 for both. I can't even get anyone to
look at the Payne unit. I call HAVC companies and they tell me, are
not interested in working on a Payne. Can you belive it!

RSC

Edwin Pawlowski April 2nd 08 04:20 AM

Ball Park Estimate

"Schmooseme" wrote in message

Could anybody give me a ball park on the cost of a Payne PF4M Fan
Coil? the unit cost and installation cost. My ripoff home warrenty
co. wants to give me only 600.00 for both. I can't even get anyone to
look at the Payne unit. I call HAVC companies and they tell me, are
not interested in working on a Payne. Can you belive it!

RSC

If no one wants to work on the unit, the cost is immaterial. Two lessons
here. It is time to replace the Payne and it is time to drop the home
warranty. They are a rip off. Put the premium money in the bank instead.
I'd guess the $600 is on the low side though.

Schmooseme April 3rd 08 05:50 PM

Ball Park Estimate

Yes....

I did drop the HW company. I did find out that the Payne comapny will
sell the unit directly to me for about 850.

They do not require you to be a contractor or HVAC dealer. I would
just need someone to install it. Some Joe I guess. That just tells
you what kind of unit the Payne is.............. If I knew how to use
a vaccum I'd do it myself. I have to remove the R22 and put in the
new R144 (I think it's called)..... I better let someone from Joes
Garage do it. :-)

I've bee fighting this for a year now, check this out for a laugh:
http://www.schmooseme.net/payne-in-the-ear.htm

RSC

Schmooseme April 8th 08 10:37 PM

Ball Park Estimate

You got it all wrong. If a guy would come out and say "This is not
right, you should have this", then give me a quote, that would be
great. What I get is "We can't even help you." What kind of service
is that? The tight ass is the warrenty company that gave me the mis-
match. Now, after I go to the BBB, they are offering to pay a
fraction of the cost to replace the evaporator. I got the money for
the complete install, but nobody wants to come out and fix it.

I called a my local HVAC company and they said they could not get the
Fan/Coil unit becuase thier not a Payne dealer. I then called Payne
and they said, we can sell it directly to you, where should we ship
it? Now, who's job am I doing here? I have to do all the research
and ask people on the internet, the only step I'm freakin missing is
installing the damd thing ! So you see how I feel that I could
install this thing and know that it's done right. And laugh all you
want, I can install the unit and it would be just fine. It's not
exactly brain surgery.

RSC

Schmooseme April 8th 08 10:40 PM

Ball Park Estimate

My appologies, my wedsite does not state that the ins company replaced
the unit. So it does look like I'm the tight ass. LOL

RSC