Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Moving - need laborers

Over the next year, I need to make a double move.
First me and stuff I need and later my wife and
household goods. First move will be a U-Haul and
I am going to need some laborers in the Research
Triangle area of North Carolina.

I know long-distance movers get them to show up
for the unloading. Anyone know how I can get them?

Dick

Posted to alt.home.repair

Over the next year, I need to make a double move.
First me and stuff I need and later my wife and
household goods. First move will be a U-Haul and
I am going to need some laborers in the Research
Triangle area of North Carolina.

I know long-distance movers get them to show up
for the unloading. Anyone know how I can get them?

This close after Opening Day, you could probably find a lot of minor
league baseball players to help.

-T.E.S.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Over the next year, I need to make a double move.
First me and stuff I need and later my wife and
household goods. First move will be a U-Haul and
I am going to need some laborers in the Research
Triangle area of North Carolina.

I know long-distance movers get them to show up
for the unloading. Anyone know how I can get them?

And you might check with Mit Romney and Alan Spitzer, I hear they're
not doing much these days.

-T.E.S.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Apr 1, 2:24*pm, (Dick Adams) wrote:
Over the next year, I need to make a double move.
First me and stuff I need and later my wife and
household goods. *First move will be a U-Haul and
I am going to need some laborers in the Research
Triangle area of North Carolina. *

I know long-distance movers get them to show up
for the unloading. *Anyone know how I can get them?

Dick

Check the Yellow pages for phone numbers of local Labor Unions. Some
common laborers may be free between construction jobs and might like
to pick up a few bucks. Mayflower, United, other major moving
companies will have some that are available for a day or so. Just ask.
HTh

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 1, 2:24*pm, (Dick Adams) wrote:
Over the next year, I need to make a double move.
First me and stuff I need and later my wife and
household goods. *First move will be a U-Haul and
I am going to need some laborers in the Research
Triangle area of North Carolina. *

I know long-distance movers get them to show up
for the unloading. *Anyone know how I can get them?

Dick

Box stores in my area have laborers outside early, but remember ,
there is no insurance, and there is theft, often you pay cheap and
twice or more in the end. And many Day laborers are overpriced and a
rip off. Its a risk,
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 1, 6:23*pm, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 19:24:01 +0000 (UTC), (Dick

Adams) wrote:
Over the next year, I need to make a double move.
First me and stuff I need and later my wife and
household goods. *First move will be a U-Haul and
I am going to need some laborers in the Research
Triangle area of North Carolina. *

I know long-distance movers get them to show up
for the unloading. *Anyone know how I can get them?

Dick

Call a local Probation/Parole Office, they can direct you too places
for just released offenders. Might be called a Labor Office or such.

They live in a hallway house and need gainful employment.

A labor office carrys insurance, so you pay them and they pay the
crook

And the Crooks now know your weakneses of home security, and so do day
laborers. Cheap today- expensive tomorrow.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Adams) wrote:
Over the next year, I need to make a double move.
First me and stuff I need and later my wife and
household goods. *First move will be a U-Haul and
I am going to need some laborers in the Research
Triangle area of North Carolina. *

I know long-distance movers get them to show up
for the unloading. *Anyone know how I can get them?

Dick

Call a local Probation/Parole Office, they can direct you too places
for just released offenders. Might be called a Labor Office or such.

They live in a hallway house and need gainful employment.

A labor office carrys insurance, so you pay them and they pay the
crook

And the Crooks now know your weakneses of home security, and so do day
laborers. Cheap today- expensive tomorrow.

But the offenders, re-offend and are then locked up. Nothing too do
with your house or property. Can't, say the same for HoseB from the
local HD lot.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Chris Hill wrote:

Might be cheaper, but working with a company that will pack or unpack
your truck might be better. They do exist, and they probably check
people's backgrounds.

I wouldn't bet on it for their casual labor...some locals may have
permanent employees, many do the same thing as suggested here--pick up
day labor at the local wherever they congregate.

Posted to alt.home.repair

aspasia wrote in message ...
On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 15:44:01 -0500, dpb wrote:

Chris Hill wrote:

Might be cheaper, but working with a company that will pack or unpack
your truck might be better. They do exist, and they probably check
people's backgrounds.

I wouldn't bet on it for their casual labor...some locals may have
permanent employees, many do the same thing as suggested here--pick up
day labor at the local wherever they congregate.

What about insurance in case they damage something?

Aspasia

If you are just picking up day labor on your own, there is no insurance. In
the case of serious damage, the day laborers will be gone in a flash.