Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Basement Watchdog battery backup sump Question

Had a Basement Watchdog installed today, along with a brand new Rigid
Sump Pump.

Had a question on the Basement Watchdog......

How long does the initial battery charge take? Or when you add the
water to the acid, is the battery fully charged at that point? I never
used oneof these today. It was installed this morning, and the only
light on the control panel is the green "System Operating" light, so I
am assumong all is okay. Does it show when the battery is charging?

Thanks, Sorry for the dumb question.

Chris
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 31, 8:42*pm, "Chris (SilverUnicorn)"
wrote:
Had a Basement Watchdog installed today, along with a brand new Rigid
Sump Pump.

Had a question on the Basement Watchdog......

How long does the initial battery charge take? Or when you add the
water to the acid, is the battery fully charged at that point? I never
used oneof these today. It was installed this morning, and the only
light on the control panel is the green "System Operating" light, so I
am assumong all is okay. Does it show when the battery is charging?

Thanks, Sorry for the dumb question.

Chri

Do you have City Water, City Power!! if so you got suckered
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Had a Basement Watchdog installed today, along with a brand new Rigid
Sump Pump.

Had a question on the Basement Watchdog......

How long does the initial battery charge take? Or when you add the
water to the acid, is the battery fully charged at that point? I never
used oneof these today. It was installed this morning, and the only
light on the control panel is the green "System Operating" light, so I
am assumong all is okay. Does it show when the battery is charging?

Thanks, Sorry for the dumb question.

Chris

There are pumps, water pumps, by several manufacturers that pump
forever, and more efficintly if you have city water, . www.Basepump.com
and www.Zoeller.com Battery pumps are honestly a joke in output
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:42:16 -0700 (PDT), "Chris (SilverUnicorn)"
wrote:

Had a Basement Watchdog installed today, along with a brand new Rigid
Sump Pump.

Had a question on the Basement Watchdog......

How long does the initial battery charge take? Or when you add the
water to the acid, is the battery fully charged at that point? I never
used oneof these today. It was installed this morning, and the only
light on the control panel is the green "System Operating" light, so I
am assumong all is okay. Does it show when the battery is charging?

Thanks, Sorry for the dumb question.

Chris

The battery is fully charged after you add the acid.

As for an indicator, it depends on which model you have. The largest
one has a battery charging indicator. Not sure about the others. They
all have an alarm if battery gets low though.

HTH,

Paul F.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Had a Basement Watchdog installed today, along with a brand new Rigid
Sump Pump.

Had a question on the Basement Watchdog......

How long does the initial battery charge take? Or when you add the
water to the acid, is the battery fully charged at that point? I never
used oneof these today. It was installed this morning, and the only
light on the control panel is the green "System Operating" light, so I
am assumong all is okay. Does it show when the battery is charging?

Thanks, Sorry for the dumb question.

Chris

The battery is fully charged after you add the acid.

As for an indicator, it depends on which model you have. *The largest
one has a battery charging indicator. *Not sure about the others. They
all have an alarm if battery gets low though.

HTH,

Paul F.- Hide quoted text -

Thank you for all the replies.

We have well water, not city water. We did not get suckered, but
thanks for the concern

This is the model of backup we got:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3206/...9b75d367_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2284/...0d3ecdac_b.jpg

I did see there was a "charging" light but was not sure if it should
have been on or not.

Seems like all is fine, but I will read the manual this evening.

Oh, the reason we got this........
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3098/...47cd596e_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2180/...4a787b27_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2240/...d80c5c36_b.jpg

Thanks again for all the knowledge

Chris

Battery Backup Sump Pump lagman Home Repair 5 July 19th 07 12:08 AM
Backup Sump battery Jack Home Repair 1 June 8th 07 04:17 PM
Sump battery backup Jack Home Repair 4 October 10th 06 07:34 AM
Basement Watchdog redundant battery backed sump pump- thumbs up Todd H. Home Repair 16 October 4th 06 10:24 PM
Sump Pump Backup battery question [email protected] Home Repair 11 April 5th 06 03:50 PM