Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Asphalt Driveway

My asphalt driveway has an irregular edge and I would like to
straight edge it. What tools are needed?

On one side of the driveway, the land slopes and a part of the
driveway goes with it. What should be used to set a barrier
so replacement asphalt stays in place?

Dick
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 31, 12:11*pm, (Dick Adams) wrote:
My asphalt driveway has an irregular edge and I would like to
straight edge it. *What tools are needed?

Rent a concrete cutting saw

On one side of the driveway, the land slopes and a part of the
driveway goes with it. *What should be used to set a barrier
so replacement asphalt stays in place?

A pressure treated 2 x 6 staked in place with rebar. HTH

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dick Adams wrote:
My asphalt driveway has an irregular edge and I would like to
straight edge it. What tools are needed?

On one side of the driveway, the land slopes and a part of the
driveway goes with it. What should be used to set a barrier
so replacement asphalt stays in place?

Dick

A walk behind saw with an asphalt blade (make sure it is an
asphalt blade and not a masonry blade. They ARE different.)

When you cut the edge, you MUST put something in place to hold
the edge, or it will become just like your existing edge, unless
you NEVER drive on or close to it.

The absolute best way to contain it is a concrete flat curb. You
should excavate down 8-12 inches below top of asphalt (depending
upon your soil types) and pour a steel reinforced curb at least 8
inches wide. This will contain the asphalt and provide an apron
for your driveway.

You could also use concrete pavers for the edging. Just get the
interlocking kind, excavate deep enough to align the top with the
surface of your asphalt and set them in place. Prepare your base
carefully and be prepared to reset them if they settle.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

New asphalt driveway Lonnie Home Ownership 3 September 15th 07 01:14 PM
RE Asphalt Driveway joe Home Repair 1 July 21st 06 11:15 PM
Repair asphalt driveway LurfysMa Home Repair 3 March 25th 06 08:25 AM
Asphalt Driveway PHroGman Home Repair 2 March 22nd 04 08:00 PM
What driveway deicer to use on asphalt driveway? sams Home Repair 2 December 9th 03 12:38 AM