Posted to alt.home.repair

Default FAN LIMIT CONTROLS, USED AS FIRESTATS

Good day, Can fan limit controls, like the Honeywell L4064B2236, be
used as "firestats" to control attic fans? The product descrip says
"on at 125 F, off at 100F, and high cutoff at 200F".
The prod is designed to be mounted on forced-air heating plenums, with
an 8" sensor wand protruding into the plenum. To be possibly used as
an attic fan cutoff in case of un-natural heat rise in the attic space
due to a fire, the unit would obviously have to be mounted with the
sensor wand sticking out into the ambient air in the attic. Would the
unit operate effectively in this manner? Questions about this type of
device to my local Home Depot evoke blank looks and fruitless global
inventory searches. They've never even heard of a "firestat" for auto
cutoff of forced-air systems of any kind, and nothing listed uniquely
as "firestat" comes up for me on any internet search engines - just
fan limit controls. Thanks!
Posted to alt.home.repair

"dewey" wrote in message
[...]

In the past I've used thermo-disc switches, mounted to a 1900 blank cover
with 1/2" knockout in it. Here's one from Grainger :
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/2E364

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

dewey wrote:

[...]

I don't think that would meet code. At least the attic fan I bought
specified that an interlock switch must be used and, as I recall, the
code says you must follow manufacturer instructions.

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

CJT wrote:

dewey wrote:

[...]

Oops, I may have misinterpreted what you asked. You're saying in
addition to the interlock with the furnace?

Gas leak limit Tim Downie[_2_] UK diy 39 February 9th 08 12:28 AM
Bag Limit ValveJob Home Repair 19 July 1st 07 08:09 PM
Approaching One Limit -Of Vision charlie b Woodturning 2 December 21st 06 11:33 PM
Small limit MCBs. Ian Stirling UK diy 2 August 5th 05 11:06 PM
32gig limit hash Electronics Repair 7 February 8th 05 05:45 AM