Posted to alt.home.repair

Default TOTO toilet. G-Max or Gravity

Getting ready to remodel the bathroom. Have heard a lot of good
things about TOTO from this group.

Drake?

What is the difference between G-Max and Gravity?
Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Brent Bolin wrote:
Getting ready to remodel the bathroom. Have heard a lot of good
things about TOTO from this group.

Drake?

What is the difference between G-Max and Gravity?

I have three Drake toilets that have been pretty good.

However in the remodeling of a rental, I put in Niagara flapperless toilets.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 29, 6:09*pm, SMS wrote:
Brent Bolin wrote:
Getting ready to remodel the bathroom. *Have heard a lot of good
things about TOTO from this group.

Drake?

What is the difference between G-Max and Gravity?

I have three Drake toilets that have been pretty good.

However in the remodeling of a rental, I put in Niagara flapperless toilets.

I don't care about conserving water. Water is cheap. Far more
interested in a toilet that never gets clogged.

So my question still is. What is the difference between G-Max and
Gravity?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 29, 6:16�pm, Brent Bolin wrote:
On Mar 29, 6:09�pm, SMS wrote:

Brent Bolin wrote:
Getting ready to remodel the bathroom. �Have heard a lot of good
things about TOTO from this group.

Drake?

What is the difference between G-Max and Gravity?

I have three Drake toilets that have been pretty good.

However in the remodeling of a rental, I put in Niagara flapperless toilets.

I don't care about conserving water. �Water is cheap. �Far more
interested in a toilet that never gets clogged.

So my question still is. �What is the difference between G-Max and
Gravity?

power flush doesnt clog But wakes entire home when anyone flushes
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 29, 6:09�pm, SMS wrote:

Brent Bolin wrote:
Getting ready to remodel the bathroom. �Have heard a lot of good
things about TOTO from this group.

Drake?

What is the difference between G-Max and Gravity?

I have three Drake toilets that have been pretty good.

However in the remodeling of a rental, I put in Niagara flapperless toilets.

I don't care about conserving water. �Water is cheap. �Far more
interested in a toilet that never gets clogged.

So my question still is. �What is the difference between G-Max and
Gravity?

power flush doesnt clog But wakes entire home when anyone flushes

Thanks for your reply. I just found this on their website -

G-Max - Commercial and Residential installations
This outstanding flush system was designed for high use applications,
such as hotels and motels. Featuring high head pressure, this high
performance flushing system utilizes a 3" flush valve, and 2-1/8"
glazed computer designed trapway, and siphon jet action. Providing a
quiet and extra powerful flush toilets featuring the G-Max system are
considered as equal to pressure assist systems, without the noise,
high cost, and frequent repairs common in pressure assist toilets. We
have both one and two piece toilets featuring this system.

It says it's quite. But is it noticeable loader then a plain old
gravity unit?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 29, 8:54*am, Brent Bolin wrote:
Getting ready to remodel the bathroom. *Have heard a lot of good
things about TOTO from this group.

Drake?

What is the difference between G-Max and Gravity?

I have the Drake (I think), can't remember for sure and I don't see it
on there anyplace.

It has the gravity flush. It is _very_ effective but is a bit noisier
than the one I replaced. I don't see any way around a noisy flush.
You can either have quiet and whimpy or a bit noise and effective. Go
for the raised hieght one if it is available. I replaced mine because
it was so low and both of use are now up there in years. Amazing
difference getting up off a reasonable height one.

Also, if there is a spot, put a 'grab bar' within easy reach for
assistance in getting up. I don't need it (my wife does) but I use it
every time. Nice!!

I see you answered you other question about the g-max. As well as the
gravity flush works, I see no need for the g-max.

Another recommendation - use a 'waxless' toilet seal. Makes things
much easier and way less messy.

Harry K

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Harry K wrote:
On Mar 29, 8:54 am, Brent Bolin wrote:
Getting ready to remodel the bathroom. Have heard a lot of good
things about TOTO from this group.

Drake?

What is the difference between G-Max and Gravity?

I have the Drake (I think), can't remember for sure and I don't see it
on there anyplace.

It has the gravity flush. It is _very_ effective but is a bit noisier
than the one I replaced. I don't see any way around a noisy flush.
You can either have quiet and whimpy or a bit noise and effective. Go
for the raised hieght one if it is available. I replaced mine because
it was so low and both of use are now up there in years. Amazing
difference getting up off a reasonable height one.

The Drake comes in ADA height, it's a bit more money.

Look at the Chinese building supply stores as they sell the Toto toilets
for much less than the high-end plumbing fixture stores.

Another recommendation - use a 'waxless' toilet seal. Makes things
much easier and way less messy.

Hmm, do these seal as well as a wax seal?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 30, 5:14*pm, SMS wrote:
Harry K wrote:
[...]

Hmm, do these seal as well as a wax seal?- Hide quoted text -

In my limited experience and others who I have talked to, yes.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

Brent Bolin wrote:

G-Max - Commercial and Residential installations
This outstanding flush system was designed for high use applications,
such as hotels and motels. Featuring high head pressure, this high
performance flushing system utilizes a 3" flush valve, and 2-1/8"
glazed computer designed trapway, and siphon jet action. Providing a
quiet and extra powerful flush toilets featuring the G-Max system are
considered as equal to pressure assist systems, without the noise,
high cost, and frequent repairs common in pressure assist toilets. We
have both one and two piece toilets featuring this system.

It says it's quite. But is it noticeable loader then a plain old
gravity unit?

I have two Toto's, one a G-max. I like the G-max best and it flushes no
louder. Both installed by my plumber and the G-max was $100 more.
Only problem I had was to replace flapper after a little over a year.
The wider opening may make it more susceptible to leakage. Guy at HD
sold me wrong flapper but I found parts stocked at Lowes but not HD and
replacement easy.

Toto toilet seat broken hold to toilet allan Home Repair 8 November 15th 15 10:08 PM
Toto elongated toilet ms854114 # Fred # Home Repair 3 January 21st 07 07:54 AM
Toto toilet Tony Pacc Home Repair 7 November 11th 06 03:58 AM
Toto (tm) toilet?? Harry K Home Repair 17 October 2nd 06 04:23 PM
Toto toilet-seat failure ggia Home Repair 1 July 10th 05 03:05 PM