Posted to alt.home.repair

Default removing spilled paint from drive

Had a spill of green paint onto my regular cement drive...not stained or
coated in any way...just slab cement. What's the best way...if any...to
remove the remaining paint "clouds" ? was able to wash off most of the
paint before it began to set...but have a cloudy residue left with various
shades of green in about 10 sq ft area..spill is two days old now.

Would a 3000 psi power washer take this off...can get/rent one from HD...bit
don't want to waste the money if all I get is wet concrete ?

any type of "cement acid wash" that can be applied first "

Any ideas are appreciated...

Thanks, Tim

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tim wrote:

Had a spill of green paint onto my regular cement drive...not stained or
coated in any way...just slab cement. What's the best way...if any...to
remove the remaining paint "clouds" ? was able to wash off most of the
paint before it began to set...but have a cloudy residue left with various
shades of green in about 10 sq ft area..spill is two days old now.

Would a 3000 psi power washer take this off...can get/rent one from HD...bit
don't want to waste the money if all I get is wet concrete ?

any type of "cement acid wash" that can be applied first "

Any ideas are appreciated...

Thanks, Tim

I have used Formula 409 to remove dried, but not old, latex paint. Try
spraying some on, let it soak,
brush a bit, pour hot water to rinse.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tim" wrote in message
Had a spill of green paint onto my regular cement drive...not stained or
coated in any way...just slab cement. What's the best way...if any...to
remove the remaining paint "clouds" ? was able to wash off most of the
paint before it began to set...but have a cloudy residue left with
various shades of green in about 10 sq ft area..spill is two days old now.

Would a 3000 psi power washer take this off...can get/rent one from
HD...bit don't want to waste the money if all I get is wet concrete ?

Sure but the washed area will appeared lighter than the rest.

any type of "cement acid wash" that can be applied first "

The acid will eat up the surface so it will look lighter than the untreated
area, just like pressure wash.

Any ideas are appreciated...

Thanks, Tim

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tim wrote:

Had a spill of green paint onto my regular cement drive...not stained or
coated in any way...just slab cement. What's the best way...if any...to
remove the remaining paint "clouds" ? was able to wash off most of the
paint before it began to set...but have a cloudy residue left with various
shades of green in about 10 sq ft area..spill is two days old now.

Would a 3000 psi power washer take this off...can get/rent one from HD...bit
don't want to waste the money if all I get is wet concrete ?

any type of "cement acid wash" that can be applied first "

Muriatic acid is used to prep concrete for sealing and painting, but
eats some of the concrete. It can
expose aggregate and might not touch the paint. I have seen it used to
"clean" concrete and didn't seem
to touch grease or paint.

Any ideas are appreciated...

Thanks, Tim

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

"Tim" wrote in message
Had a spill of green paint onto my regular cement drive...not
stained or coated in any way...just slab cement. What's the best
way...if any...to remove the remaining paint "clouds" ? was able
to wash off most of the paint before it began to set...but have a
cloudy residue left with various shades of green in about 10 sq ft
area..spill is two days old now.

Would a 3000 psi power washer take this off...can get/rent one
from HD...bit don't want to waste the money if all I get is wet
concrete ?

any type of "cement acid wash" that can be applied first "

Any ideas are appreciated...

Thanks, Tim

Pretty radical, but consider pouring paint on the rest of the
driveway and washing it off to make everything match - not to
mention unique.

Bob-tx (dam, I hate to sign my name to this idea)