DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Garage door opener problem (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/240610-garage-door-opener-problem.html)

[email protected] March 29th 08 04:13 PM

Garage door opener problem

I have a 9 yr. old Sears opener that is giving me fits. I can't
program both remotes to work at the same time. Each will work, but
not at the same time. What am I doing wrong???
Thanks
Fred

DerbyDad03 March 29th 08 06:00 PM

Garage door opener problem

On Mar 29, 11:13*am, wrote:
I have a 9 yr. old Sears opener that is giving me fits. *I can't
program both remotes to work at the same time. *Each will work, but
not at the same time. *What am I doing wrong???
Thanks
Fred

At 11:07 Don said: I have a Sears opener that is approx. 9 yrs
old...but can't get the 2 remotes working at the same time.

And then...

At 11:13 Fred said: I have a 9 yr. old Sears opener... I can't program
both remotes to work at the same time.

Wow! 2 different people with the exact same problem at the same time.
What are the odds?

[email protected] March 29th 08 06:30 PM

Garage door opener problem

No disrespect meant, I thought it was being posted to 2 different
groups, once from me, once from my BIL.
Sorry if you took offense.

Tony Hwang March 29th 08 08:02 PM

Garage door opener problem

wrote:

On Mar 29, 11:13 am, wrote:

I have a 9 yr. old Sears opener that is giving me fits. I can't
program both remotes to work at the same time. Each will work, but
not at the same time. What am I doing wrong???
Thanks
Fred

At 11:07 Don said: I have a Sears opener that is approx. 9 yrs
old...but can't get the 2 remotes working at the same time.

And then...

At 11:13 Fred said: I have a 9 yr. old Sears opener... I can't program
both remotes to work at the same time.

Wow! 2 different people with the exact same problem at the same time.
What are the odds?

Hi,
Multi post and top posting is bad!
I think your remotes are out of frequency alignment aainst receiver on
the opener. Can you pick/try different code?(usually by dip switch settings.

[email protected] March 29th 08 08:44 PM

Garage door opener problem

wrote:

On Mar 29, 11:13 am, wrote:

I have a 9 yr. old Sears opener that is giving me fits. I can't
program both remotes to work at the same time. Each will work, but
not at the same time. What am I doing wrong???
Thanks
Fred

At 11:07 Don said: I have a Sears opener that is approx. 9 yrs
old...but can't get the 2 remotes working at the same time.

And then...

At 11:13 Fred said: I have a 9 yr. old Sears opener... I can't program
both remotes to work at the same time.

Wow! 2 different people with the exact same problem at the same time.
What are the odds?

Hi,
Multi post and top posting is bad!
I think your remotes are out of frequency alignment aainst receiver on
the opener. Can you pick/try different code?(usually by dip switch settings.

They change frequencies automatically. Each will work alone, but can
not be programmed to work at the same time. You program one and it
kills the other.

[email protected] March 29th 08 09:48 PM

Garage door opener problem

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 16:35:57 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 15:44:48 -0400,
wrote:

They change frequencies automatically. Each will work alone, but can
not be programmed to work at the same time. You program one and it
kills the other.

I can't find my book but I think there is a pretty short time window
in which you have to set up all the remotes you want to use.

I can stand on a ladder at the opener control panel, and it still will
not work both. There is little time lost when trying to program them.
It seems like programming one kills the programming for the other.

Robert Barr March 29th 08 11:11 PM

Garage door opener problem

Odds are you can find what you need to know he

http://www.residential-openers.com/codin.html

or else by using google. You don't give us the model number, and I
don't have ESP, so it's up to you now...

Oren[_2_] March 30th 08 12:49 AM

Garage door opener problem

wrote:

They change frequencies automatically. Each will work alone, but can
not be programmed to work at the same time. You program one and it
kills the other.

I can't find my book but I think there is a pretty short time window
in which you have to set up all the remotes you want to use.

I have a single garage door (faces west), and a double (faces south
west).

Each garage door opener came with two remotes, each having dual
buttons. The installer some how got all four remotes to work as
intended (large button is double door and small one for the single
door)

I think his trick - one remote in each hand as he programmed them. He
made it look simple.