DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Green light? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/240500-green-light.html)

Banty March 29th 08 12:15 AM

Green light?

A neighborhood house has a small, bright (LED??) green light emanating from a
side deck of it nightly. What is this? Motion sensor? Camera?

Banty

Edwin Pawlowski March 29th 08 02:24 AM

Green light?

"Banty" wrote in message
A neighborhood house has a small, bright (LED??) green light emanating from
side deck of it nightly. What is this? Motion sensor? Camera?

Banty

Guide light for the mother ship to land

Kurt Ullman March 29th 08 02:29 AM

Green light?

In article ,
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"Banty" wrote in message
A neighborhood house has a small, bright (LED??) green light emanating from
side deck of it nightly. What is this? Motion sensor? Camera?

Banty

Guide light for the mother ship to land

I would be interested to know when this appeared in relation to
March 17.

Oren[_2_] March 29th 08 04:07 AM

Green light?

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 22:29:19 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"Banty" wrote in message
A neighborhood house has a small, bright (LED??) green light emanating from
side deck of it nightly. What is this? Motion sensor? Camera?

Banty

Guide light for the mother ship to land

I would be interested to know when this appeared in relation to
March 17.

Now I want too know if the OP is colored blind.

Chuck Reti March 29th 08 04:35 AM

Green light?

In article ,
Banty wrote:

A neighborhood house has a small, bright (LED??) green light emanating from a
side deck of it nightly. What is this? Motion sensor? Camera?

Banty

Many GFI outlets have a green LED to indicate the outlet is live and has
not tripped. When I have the cover on my outdoor outlet flipped up the
LED, viewed on-axis, is quite bright even in daytime. Maybe the neighbor
has an outlet that should be covered.
Motion sensors usually have a red lamp that comes on when, well, motion
is sensed.
--
Chuck in Detroit

Pat March 29th 08 06:30 AM

Green light?

On Mar 28, 8:15 pm, Banty wrote:
A neighborhood house has a small, bright (LED??) green light emanating from a
side deck of it nightly. What is this? Motion sensor? Camera?

Banty

Could be a GFI as prev mentioned. Could be a flat panel LCD night
light. Could be a detector to see if his wife is stepping out on
him. Could be a radioactive glow from too much work at the nuke
plant.

Best bet. Go return the rake you borrowed last fall and while your
doing so, ask him.

S. Barker March 29th 08 03:04 PM

Green light?

Why don't you walk over and see? Or, heres a novel concept...... You could
ask.

S. Barker March 29th 08 03:04 PM

Green light?

colored blind?

How do you color someone blind?

Banty March 29th 08 10:07 PM

Green light?

In article , S. Barker says...

Why don't you walk over and see? Or, heres a novel concept...... You could
ask.

They're several houses down - don't know them. It'd be weird "hey what's that
green light".

I think the GCFI indicator LED is probably the answer. The side of their house
pretty much points directly to my front door (curve in the street). One night I
noticed a bright green light, that's all.

Cheers,
Banty

Oren[_2_] March 30th 08 02:08 AM

Green light?

On 29 Mar 2008 15:07:13 -0700, Banty wrote:

In article , S. Barker says...

Why don't you walk over and see? Or, heres a novel concept...... You could
ask.

They're several houses down - don't know them. It'd be weird "hey what's that
green light".

I think the GCFI indicator LED is probably the answer. The side of their house
pretty much points directly to my front door (curve in the street). One night I
noticed a bright green light, that's all.

Cheers,
Banty

Thinking gets me in trouble. Maybe, the one night green light was a
party favor.

Of course, AREA 51 comes to mind.

I can't SEE a GFCI green LED several house down from me :-))