DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Light switching dilemma. to X10 or what? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/240493-light-switching-dilemma-x10-what.html)

S. Barker March 28th 08 10:20 PM

Light switching dilemma. to X10 or what?

Ok, I'm a dummy. I put 4 ceiling boxes on the same switch, now I want to
control them separately. What are my choices besides:

1.. rewiring
2.. pull chains

I considered the x10 stuff, but I don't really see a wire in module that
could sit in the top of the light fixtures. I may not have room for the
socket rockets.

thanks

steve barker

Joe March 29th 08 05:44 PM

On Mar 28, 4:20*pm, "S. Barker" wrote:
Ok, I'm a dummy. * I put 4 ceiling boxes on the same switch, now I want to
control them separately. *What are my choices besides:

* 1.. rewiring
* 2.. pull chains

I considered the x10 stuff, but I don't really see a wire in module that
could sit in the top of the light fixtures. *I may not have room for the
socket rockets.

thanks

steve barker

Rewire with a couple of 14-3 romex and be sure to mark the hot wires
with black tape.

Joe