DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Laying a brick walkway (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/240490-laying-brick-walkway.html)

Esther & Fester Bestertester March 28th 08 08:14 PM

Laying a brick walkway

I've put down sand prior to laying the first red brick of a walkway to the
front door. I've got 2-3 inches of sand simply because this brings the level
up to the bottom of the steps to the door.

Is it better to have less sand? Is it better to build up earth rather than
sand to achieve the desired levels? WIll this be an issue over time?

This is intended to be a sand-only project, no mortar or concrete.

FBt

CWatters[_3_] March 28th 08 09:50 PM

Laying a brick walkway

"Esther & Fester Bestertester" wrote in message
obal.net...
I've put down sand prior to laying the first red brick of a walkway to the
front door. I've got 2-3 inches of sand simply because this brings the

level
up to the bottom of the steps to the door.

Is it better to have less sand? Is it better to build up earth rather than
sand to achieve the desired levels? WIll this be an issue over time?

This is intended to be a sand-only project, no mortar or concrete.

FBt

Great site. Perhaps overkill for a path...

http://www.pavingexpert.com/blocks.htm#diag

http://www.pavingexpert.com/blocks2.htm

http://www.pavingexpert.com/blockdtl.htm